0.03

"Well, you both sort of went... rigid. We thought maybe you two were having a fit or something. It was bizarre."

"And did either of you? You know... pass out?"

"No. I felt... weird. Like I'd never be cheerful again. But no..." Rowen turned towards Hermione and she shook her head.

"I was trembling. Cold. But then... Professor Lupin made it go away..."

"But someone was screaming. A woman. Was it you Rowen?"

"I don't recall screaming, did I?" Hermione and Ron both glance at each other.

"No one was screaming, Harry. Not even Rowen." Harry looked out the window.

When they finally made it inside the castle Rowen went to sit next to the twins and she was instantly hugged by both of them and her body was checked over for any damage.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say, before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I myself am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair..." McGonagall cleared her throat telling Dumbledore that he needed to move on, "Mm. Yes. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of the Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good luck to you, Professor." Rowen smiled up at the man she knew from the diaries that belonged to her mother.

"Of course! THat's why he knew to give you two the chocolate." Hermione informed them.

"As some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!" it seemed every at the Gryffindor table applauded vigorously causing Hagrid to turn ruby red in color, standing nearly knocking over the staff table, "finally, on a more disquieting note, Hogwarts---at the request of the Ministry of Magic--will until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban." murmurs filled the Great Hall, "the Dementors will be stationed at the entrances to the grounds. While they are under strict orders not to enter the castle itself, you will on occasion see them as you go about your daily activities. Under no circumstances are you to approach them. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving."

After the glorious feast the Gryffindor students made their way to their common room, Rowen stood impatiently in front of their portrait of the Fat Lady, who was trying to sing.

"Fortuna Major." Rowen said impatiently enough, with a glare in her eye enough to make the Fat Lady comply with the password. The girl didn't stop in the common room, she just went to the dorm she shared with other girls in her year, changed into other clothes and got into bed. She was glad to be back at Hogwarts, but she was a bit nervous at what the outcome was going to be with her father on the loose and the lies that were going about.