0.15

Rowen went with Harry, Ron and Hermione towards Hagrid's hut, today was the day. The day they'd be killing Buckbeak, Rowen didn't understand how a harmless creature deserved to die just because Draco was an idiot and didn't do as Hagrid instructed.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak! It's too horrible." Hermione said.

"It just got worse." Harry said, they all looked over and see Draco Malfoy himself along with Crabbe and Goyle. They were watching with binoculars in their hand spying on Hagrid's hut.

"Did you see the big, fat blubbering oaf? Oh, this is going to be rich. Did I tell you, Father said I can keep the head." Draco said, he turned around and saw the four coming closer to him, "ah. Come to see the show?"

"You're foul." Rowen commented towards her cousin.

"You...foul...loathsome...evil...little cockroach." Hermione said pulling her wand out and pointing it at Draco. He stumbled back against a tree, cross-eyed with fear as Hermione jabbed the tip of her wand under his nose.

"Hermione! No." Ron said, gaining the young witch's attention, "he's not worth it." Hermione nodded, and turned; punching Draco in the jaw. It put him flat on his back. Stunned, he leapt to his feet and ran off, Crabbe and Goyle following after him.

"That felt good."

"Good? That was brilliant." Rowen said smiling at her friend, wrapping an arm around her friend. They got down to Hagrid's hut and knocked on the door.

"Look at 'em. Loves the smell o' the trees when the wind blows..." Hagrid said, looking over at Buckbeak.

"I say we set him free." Harry suggested.

"Hagrid would get into more trouble I'm afraid." Rowen said

"Row is right. They'd know I did it. And the' would only get Dumbledore in trouble. Gonna come down, yeh know. Says he wants her be with me when it... when it happens. Great man, Dumbledore."

"We'll stay with you too, Hagrid." Hermione said.

"Yeh will not! Think I wan' yeh seen' a thing like this! No. Yeh'll drink yer tea an' be off. But before yeh do-- I wan' her see you an' Ron shake hands, Harry." Ron and Harry both exchange a glance and then look back at Hagrid, "thin' I haven' seen 'ow it's bin betw'n you two? Go on now..." Reluctantly, Harry and Ron extend their hands and shake, "good. Now then. Ron I wan' her see you give Hermione a hug."

"What?!" both Hermione and Ron say at the same time.

"Go on! You two've been at it all year. An' I'm sick o' it." both were equally uncomfortable, but both step forward and Rowen witnesses what has to be the most awkward hug she had ever seen, "crikey, that's jus' abou' the most pathetic hug i e'er seen. But yeh did it, an' tha's wha' matters. There's jus' one other thing."

"I'm not kissing Fang if that's what you're thinking..." ron said. Hearing his name, the dog in question began thumping his tail happily on the floor. Hagrid turns, taking the lid from a flour tin, a tiny head, ears flecked with powder, emerges, "Scabbers! You're alive."

"Yeh should keep a closer eye on yer pets, Ron."

"I think you owe someone an apology." Hermione said.

"Right. Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know."

"I meant me."

"Crikey. Here we go agin." out of nowhere a glass jar on the shelf shatters. Rowen picked up the stone and ran her fingers along it. She looked out the windows and heard an "ow" come from Harry.

"Hagrid..." everyone turned and saw Dumbledore and Fudge approaching. Behind them was the Executioner, axe at his side. Hagrid began to panic a bit and looked at the four.

"Yeh go to go! It's almost dark. Anyone sees yeh outside the castle it'll be trouble! Big trouble! 'Specially for Harry and Rowen--" three bangs came from the door, causing it to shake. Hagrid stiffened in fear. Rowen points to the back door and the four left just as Fudge, Dumbledore, and the Executioner enter through the front. They hide behind the pumpkins and watch as Hagrid greets the others. They all hear a shh noise behind them, Hermione and Rowen turn to look and then look at each other.

"What?"

"Nothing, I just thought I saw... never mind." Rowen nodded indicating what she saw wasn't wrong. The four of them slip silently into a stand of trees. The clock in the distance began to toll. They watch in absolute horror as the ax hangs in the air for awhile and a sickening chop sound echoes the ground. Rowen pushed her body into Harry's and he did his best to comfort his cousin. Ron dropped Scabbers and looked at the rat as it ran away in disbelief.

"He bit me." Ron followed after Scabbers.

"Ron! No!" Hermione called after him.