0.17

"S-Sirius...R-Remus. My old friends!" Pettigrew said looking at the two. His small eyes dart towards the windows and door and suddenly he makes a break for it, but Sirius shoves him back. His gaze finds Harry and Rowen and his eyes light up, "Harry! Look at you! Y-you look just like your father. Like James. We were the best of friends, he and I... and Rowen! Just like your mother! So beautiful!"

"Shut up!" Sirius said venomously. Rowen noted that his eyes were dangerous and were staring at her with such a protection that made her want to go to him and finally be reunited with her father.

"I didn't mean to! The Dark Lord, you have no idea the weapons he possesses! Ask yourself what you would have done, Sirius. What would you have done?!"

"Died! Died rather than betray my friends! And you should have realized Peter, if Voldemort didn't kill you..."

"We would." Profession Lupin said.

No...please..you can't." his eyes dart towards Ron and he runs over, "RoN! Haven't I been a good friend? A good pet? You won't let them kill me, will you? I was your rat..." Ron drew back in disgust and he turned towards Hermione, "sweet girl. Clever girl. Surely you won't let them..." Lupin and Sirius raise their wands and point them in the direction of Pettigrew's face. He shrinks back, trembling, closing his eyes in fear.

"No." Harry said

"Harry, this man..." Rowen said.

"I know what he is. But we'll take him to the castle."

"Bless you, boy! Bless you--" Peter groveled at Harry's feet.

"Get off! I said we'd take you to the castle. After that, the Dementors can have you."

They left the Whomping Willow and the moon was beginning to come out. Rowen stood next to her father, leaning into him slightly. He was a mess, but she didn't care. She was reunited with her father. Harry stood on the other side and looked at the father and daughter, Rowen smiled at her cousin.

"Beautiful, isn't it? I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again. Freely." Sirius said, he turned slightly to Harry, "that was a noble thing you did back there. He doesn't deserve it." Harry studied Pettigrew briefly before looking away.

"I don't reckon my father'd want his best friends to become killers to a worthless piece of vermin like Pettigrew. Besides: dead, the truth dies with him. Alive... you're free and Rowen gets her father back."

"I don't know if you know, Harry, but when you were born, James and Lily made me your guardian..."

"I know." Harry said.

"And, well, I'll understand if you choose to stay with your aunt and uncle, but, so you know, you could--"

"Come live with you and Rowen? When?"

"Soon as my name's cleared..." Harry looked back at Hogwarts and grinned. Rowen and her father both found themselves smiling as well.

"Harry..." Hermione said, earning the attention of everyone. Rowen had forgotten that a full moon was tonight. She looked over at Remus and noticed his eyes shifted and he was rigid. Her father went forward

"Remus, old friend... did you take your potion tonight?" Lupin twitches before shaking his head, "run. All of you. Now." but none of them take off. They watch as hair pokes through Remus' skin. Sirius wrapped his arms around his friends, pressing his mouth to his ear, "you know the man you truly are, Remus. This flesh is only flesh. This heart is where you truly live. This heart! Here." Lupin's wand dropped and Pettigrew leapt towards it.

"NO!" Harry cried out, "expelliarmus!" Harry said, Lupin's wand flying out of Pettigrew's hand. He freezes then grins before transforming into his rat form and taking off. A howl pierces the air and Rowen watched as Lupin tossed her father into the air. She cried out for her father and looked at Remus in his werewolf form.

"Professor?" Hermione questioned. Remus' eyes blazed and his long canines glittered in the moonlight. A horrifying growl erupted from its throat. Harry grabbed onto Rowen's hand and they went to flee, but ran into Snape. They all collapse and Snape looks up into the eyes of Rowen as she is now on top of him. She held fear in her eyes and she rolled off of him.

"Sorry." she whispered.

"Out of the way." Snape said standing. He found Remus preparing to pounce, but he leapt in front of the four Gryffindor's and drew his wand. Remus howled and sprinted forward when a giant dog that Rowen knew was her father intercepted him midair. They hit the ground and are in a tangle. Sirius was able to push Remus away, but Remus in this form was too strong.

"Dad!" Rowen cried out, the dog yelped and roared out in pain as the werewolf flung it into tall grass. He charges after it and Rowen pushed past Snape, dashing quickly into the night. She felt Harry behind her and she ran as fast as she could. They find Sirius lying on the ground, Remus' razor-sharp claws over it's neck, "NO!" Rowen cried. Harry picked up a thick branch from the ground and hurled it with all his might, it hit the werewolf causing it to freeze. It turned and began to move towards the two cousins. Harry and Rowen both drew their wand, Rowen grabbed onto Harry's hand they were both terrified.

"Please, Professor. Stop.. it's us." Harry said. A howl pierces the night and the werewolf falters before starting in towards them again, but another howls echoes through the night. The werewolf bounds towards the forest and vanishes. Rowen's eyes search for her father and finally sees the dark colored dog lurching through the tall grass, falling over and over again. The two run after him. They found Sirius again in his human form near the water's edge, his face gleaming with lacerations.

"Sirius!" Harry cried.

"Dad." Rowen felt the coldness and looked over at the lake and saw it beginning to freeze, "Harry.

"I know, Row." the two bring their wands out, "Expecto...Patronum!" a thin silverly wisp weeps from Harry's wand.

"More confidence. We can do this. Expect Patronum!" Rowen cried out, her memory coming alive. The fifth years memory wasn't strong enough to fight off actual dementors like it was able to fight off the boggart. So slowly one by one the dementors were feeding off of her until once again she passed out.