0.48

Rowen sat at the Gryffindor table decked out in Gryffindor colors. It was the first Quidditch match of the season. Ron came into the Great Hall all ready to go. His knuckles were tapped and Rowen shook her head. Neville passed him going the other way.

"Good luck, eh, Ron?" Ron nodded and then Seamus went up to him.

"Counting on you, Ron. I've two Galleons on Gryffindor." Seamus left and Ron came over to the table. Harry eyed him briefly and pushed a plate of food towards him. He took a fork and began poking at it.

"I know you're nervous, Ron. But you should eat." Rowen said.

"So. How was it?" Ron asked completely ignoring Rowen.

"How was what?" Hermione questioned, not looking up from her paper.

"Your dinner party."

"Dead boring. Though I think Harry enjoyed dessert." 

"Ol' Sluggy's having a Christmas party, you know. And we're meant to bring someone..."

"I expect you'll be going with McLaggen. Isn't he a member of the Slug Club?"

"Actually, I was going to ask you."

"Really?" Ron asked.

"Really. But seeing as you have such a distaste for the idea--" Lavender Brown came over to the four of them.

"Good luck today, Ron! I know you'll be brilliant!" Ron smiled briefly and looked down at his plate.

"I'm resigning. After today's match. McLaggen can have my spot." Rowen looked at him like he was crazy.

"Have it your way. Juice?" Harry offered Ron.

"Sure..." Harry poured the juice and Luna arrived wearing a hat that resembled a lion.

"I need one of those!" Rowen said looking excitedly at Luna who smiled briefly.

"Hello, everyone. You look dreadful Ron." he only nodded and lifted the glass to his lips, "is that why you just put something in his cup. Is it a tonic?" Harry opened his palm slightly revealing the Felix Felicis he had acquired on their first day back at Hogwarts.

"Don't drink that, Ron!" Hermione called. Ron is frozen mid-drink and looked at Harry's palm before downing the rest, "you could be expelled for that."

"Dunno what you're talking about." Harry pocketed the vial and winked a Rowen. Ron stood up.

"C'mon, Harry. We've got a game to win."

When they got back to the common room it was in a full victory mode.

"Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!" Harry came over and stood next to Rowen, handing her a butterbeer before sipping his own.

"You're clever. We have that in common."

"We tend to have a lot of things in common." Hermione came over to them.

"Ron seems to be enjoying himself."

"Yep. Apparently it's his lucky day."

"You shouldn't have done it, Harry."

"Yeah. I suppose I could've just used, I dunno....a Confundus charm?" Harry said.

"That was different. It was tryouts. This was an actual match--" Harry brought the vial from his pocket and Hermione noticed the sealing wax was still unbroken and the bottle was full, "you didn't put it in?" Harry nodded, "Ron only thought you did?" Harry nodded and Hermione popped him on the arm. There was a sudden noise of whistles and catcalls and in the middle of the room was Ron and Lavender, kissing. Rowen grabbed onto Hermione's hand and took her into the chamber not far from the common room. Hermione said a spell and little birds came to life, chirping and she sat on a desk and the birds floated around her head. Rowen sighed.

"He's a bloody moron. I'll beat some sense into him if you like."

"It's fine, Rowen."

"If you remember George took ages to figure out his feelings for me. It'll happen for you two."

"Doubtful." Harry came into the chamber and looked at the birds, "charms spell. Just practicing."

"Ah. Well...they're really good."

"How does it feel, Harry? When you see Dean with Ginny?" Hermione questioned, "I know, and no Rowen didn't tell me. You're one of my best friends. I see how you look at her. It's the same way I used to catch George looking at Rowen." Harry sat next to Hermione and put an arm around her. The door burst wide open and Run rushed in, pulling Lavender by the hand. They stop and notice the three.

"Oops. I think this room's taken."

"You're a bloody idiot Lavender. Why would I be in the same room with my cousin if he were snogging a girl? Go before I have you committed." Rowen called out and she ran out.

"What's with the birds?" Ron asked but before anyone could say anything, Hermione stood up and pointed her wand.

"Oppugno!" instantly the birds raced like angry red bullets towards Ron who closed the door quickly causing the birds to run into it and explode into feather clouds. Hermione covered her face and sobbed. Rowen went over and held onto her and so did Harry.

"It feels like this." Harry said honestly.