0.34

Rowen sat with Harry, Ron and Hermione in the Common Room late that night. Rowen sat next to Ron on the couch as he looked up at Hermione.

"That foul, evil old gargoyle!" Hermione said, no one had to guess who she was talking about, "we're not learning how to defend ourselves. We're not learning how to pass our OWLs. I wanted to beat Rowen's scores." she said giving a look to the red head who only shrugged, "she's taking over the entire school." they heard Fudge talking on the radio and looked over at it.

"and security has been and will remain the Ministry's top priority." Harry turned it up so they could all hear it better, "furthermore, we have convincing evidence that these disappearances are the work of notorious mass murderer Sirius Black." Rowen sighed knowing that her father was still a wanted man and that there was no time soon that people would forget that he was because of these things Fudge was saying about him, "make no mistake..."

"Rowen! Harry!" Rowen turned around on the couch and saw her father in the flames. Harry came over and sat next to her. 

"Dad!" Rowen said, just as Harry said, "Sirius!"

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked him.

"Answering your letters. You both said your were worried about Umbridge. What's she doing? Training you to kill half-breeds?"

"Dad, she is not teaching us a damn thing."

"She's not letting us use magic at all."

"Well, I'm not surprised. The latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat."

"Combat?" Ron asked looking down at the fire, "what does he think, we're forming some sort of wizard army?"

"Well, that's exactly what he thinks. That Dumbledore is assembling his own forces to take on the Ministry. He's becoming more paranoid by the minute. The others wouldn't want me telling you this, Harry, either of you really, but things aren't going at all well with the Order. Fudge is blocking the truth at every turn, and these disappearances are just how it started before. Voldemort is on the move."

"Well, what can we do?"

"Someone's coming. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but for now at least, it looks like you're on your own. Rowen, tell George if he hurts you to prepare for the worst." he disappeared in the flames and they all looked at each other. They stood and watched the thunder story that was happening.

"He really is out there, isn't he?" Hermione asked, "we've got to be able to defend ourselves. And if Umbridge refuses to teach us how, we need someone who will." Hermione looked back at both Rowen and Harry. She took a deep breath before looking back out the window. 

Hermione got the word out with the help of Ron of the meeting that'd be taking place at Hog's Head that Saturday during their trip to Hogsmeade. 

"This is mad." Harry complained, "who'd want to be taught by me? I'm a nutter, remember?"

"Look on the bright side. You can't be any worse than old toad face." Ron said.

"Thanks, Ron."

"I'm here for you mate."

"Who's supposed to be meeting us then?"

"Just a couple people." Hermione said. But it was more than just a couple people, it was a lot of people. Hog's Head was full of a lot of Gryffindor students, as well as some Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Hermione elbowed Rowen and she stood up and looked at everyone.

"Hello, everyone. It's nice to see all you. You know why we're all here. We need to learn. We need a proper teacher and Harry is the perfect one. One who's had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

"Why?" someone asked, Rowen didn't recognize him but that wasn't uncommon.

"Why?! Because You-Know-Who's back you tosspot."

"So he says."

"So Dumbledore says." Hermione defended.

"So Dumbledore says, because he says. The point is, where's the proof?"

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed." Rowen looked at the boy from beside Ginny and then at George who only nodded in encouragement. But she only sat down next to Harry, who looked out at them.

"I'm not going to talk about Cedric," Harry said standing, "so if that's why you're here, you might as well clear out now. Come on, Hermione, let's go. They're just here 'cause they all think I'm some sort of freak."

"Harry, wait!" Hermione said.

"Is it true that both of you can produce the Patronus charm?"

"Yes. I've seen it."

"Blimey, Harry, I didn't know you could do that." Dean said.

"And he killed a Basilisk with the sword in Dumbledore's office." Neville said.

"It's true." Ginny confirmed.

"Third year, he fought off about one-hundred Dementors at once." Ron said

"And last year, he really did fight off Voldemort. He doesn't need to tell you the story about how Voldemort killed Cedric. If you know Harry, then you know it's true." Rowen said standing back up.

"Wait. Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that, but the truth is, most of that was just luck. Rowen is far better at the Patronus than I am. I didn't know what I was doing half the time, I nearly always had help."

"He's just being modest." Hermione said.

"No, Hermione, I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow, but out there...when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes...you don't know what that's like." Harry said sitting down.

"You're right, Harry, we don't." Hermione said.

"But we'd like you to teach us." Rowen looked down at her cousin and smiled. 

"That's why we need your help. Because if we're going to have any chance of beating... Voldemort..."

"He's really back?" Collin asked looking at all four of them. Harry nodded. One by one people came up and signed up for Dumbledore's Army. Afterwards Rowen walked with everyone through the bridge back to Hogwarts. George was holding her hand and kept squeezing it.

"Right." Harry said, "first, we need to find a place to practice where Umbridge won't find out."

"The Shrieking Shack?" Ginny suggested.

"That's too small." Harry said.

"Forbidden Forest?" Hermione said.

"Not bloody likely." Ron said.

"Harry, what happens if Umbridge does find out?" Ginny questioned.

"Who cares?" Hermione said, "I mean, it's sort of exciting, isn't it? Breaking the rules."

"Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?" Ron asked.

"We do know one positive thing came from today, Harry." Rowen said with a smile.

"And what's that?"

"Cho couldn't keep her eyes off you, could she?" Rowen let go of George's hand and spun around, kicking up some snow.

"There's the old Rowen. Back out to play I see." George said, picking her up.

"Come on you two love birds." Fred said.