0.47

When they got back to the castle Leanne, Rowen, Ron, Harry and Hermione were instructed to go see Professor McGonagall since they all belonged in Gryffindor. Harry handed her the package and McGonagall used her wand to undo it. The necklace is green and glitters in the light and she sets it down on her desk.

"You're sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks, Leanne?"

"It's like I said. She went to the loo and when she came back she had the package. She said it was important she deliver it."

"Did she say to whom?" Leanne shook her head, "all right, Leanne. You may go." Leanne leave and McGonagall looked at the four of them, "why is it always you four? Hm. When something happens?"

"Believe me, Professor, I've been asking myself the same question for six years." Ron said. Snape entered the room and came over.

"Severus."

"Is this it?" McGonagall nodded and Snape took his wand and lifted the necklace.

"What do you think?"

"I think Miss Bell is lucky to be alive." Snape said.

"She was cursed, wasn't she? I know Katie. Off the Quidditch pitch she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was bring that to someone, she wasn't doing it knowingly." Harry said.

"Yes. She was cursed."

"It was Malfoy." Harry said quickly.

"That's a very serious accusation, Potter."

"Indeed. Your evidence."

"I...just...know."

"You...just...know. Once again you astonish with your gifts, Potter, gifts mere mortals could only dream of possessing. How grand it must be to be the Chosen One." Rowen took a slight step in front of Harry and glared at Snape.

"I suggest you return to your dormitory. All of you."

--

Rowen and Harry sat next to each other at Slughorn's dinner, Hermione on the other side of her. She looked around the table and smiled over at Neville. The only other one she recognized was a sixth year Slytherin student named Blaise Zabini. He looked at her briefly and had caught her staring, she raised a brow before turning her attention to Professor Slughorn.

"A toast!" his goblet was raised, "to Hogwarts' best and brightest!"

"Here, here!" Cormac said. Rowen rolled her eyes and wanted to reach across the table and punch the little twit. But she refrained.

"So, tell me, Cormac. See much of your Uncle Tiberius these days?"

"Yes, sir. In fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the Minister of Magic over holiday."

"Maybe you'll get shot. What a joy that would be." Rowen said with a smirk, Slughorn cleared his throat and some others laughed.

"Well, be sure to give them both my best. What about your uncle, Belby? Working on anything new?" Slughorn asked, "for those of you who don't know, Marcus' uncle invented the Wolfsbane potion." as Marcus spoke he just kept shoving food into his mouth.

"Dunno. He and me dad don't get one. Probably because Dad thinks potions are rubbish. Says the only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the--"

"And you, Miss Granger? What is it that your family does in the Muggle world?"

"My parents are dentists. They tend to people's teeth."

"Fascination. And is that considered a dangerous profession?"

"No. Though, a boy named Robbie Fenwick did bite my father once. Needed ten stitches." Slughorn nodded and the door groaned as it was opening. 

"Miss Weasley! Come in, come in."

"Sorry, I'm not ordinarily late--" Rowen sighed when she saw Ginny's red eyes.

"No matter. You'll be just in time for dessert. That is--if Belby leaves you any." Ginny moved to her seat and Rowen leaned in towards Harry.

"He and Dean have been fighting from what she's telling me. Look at her red eyes." Harry nodded and then stood when Ginny reached the table and sat down. Rowen smiled.

"Now from what I hear Miss Black is that you have a sharp wit and a quick tongue. I remember Dahlia having that as well. She was so smart, your mother. I know where you got it from."

"I have a lot of traits my parents had. What can I say? I was blessed." the rest of dinner went by and they were all leaving. Except Harry, he had a plan to get what he needed from Slughorn and give it to Dumbledore.

"Thank you, one and all, for the most stimulating evening. We'll have to do it again."