0.06

Rowen had heard the news that her father had been apparently spotted in Achintee and that had a lot of fellow Gryffindor's on edge. They all thought he was coming for her, and though that might be true, he was also coming for Harry. Rowen knew her father was Harry's godfather, but that would probably make it worse for the young boy. So that was added to the secrets that she held from her cousin, but she thought that was for the best.

Rowen ignored the Weasley twins, which they were making difficult because they were trying to get her to forgive them. They had gotten a howler from their mother about their insensitivity after Ginny had written home and disclosed the argument that the three of them had. So it was her decision to go on the first trip to Hogsmeade for her forth year to go with Hermione and Ron and she was really excited.

"Remember! These visits to Hogsmeade Village are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be extended again." Rowen sighed when she saw Harry coming over to Professor McGonagall and before he could even speak, "no permission form. No visiting the Village. That's the rule, Potter."

"Yes, Professor, but I thought if you said I could go." Harry said.

"But I don't say so. A parent or guardian must sign, and since I am neither, it would be inappropriate." she had a tone of pity in her voice and that made Rowen sad, "I'm sorry, Potter. But that's my final word." Rowen smiled and went over to her cousin.

"Don't worry. I'll stay with you. I don't need anything."

"Rowen-"

"Not another word. Come on. Let's go find someone."

"Who."

"Professor Lupin." Rowen said smiling. They found him on the bridge and walked over to him, arms linked.

"So. No Hogsmeade, eh?" Professor Lupin said as they approached, "well, don't feel too bad. I was roundly disappointed the first time I went."

"It's really dreadful, Harry." Rowen said smiling at her cousin.

"Really?" Harry asked hopefully.

"No. We were just trying to make you feel better. Honeydukes' sweets are the best in the world. Their Pepper Imps are so strong you smoke at the ears. And Zonko's Joke Shop may be dangerous, but you can't beat their Stink Pellets." Professor Lupin said.

"Not to mention The Shrieking Shack, which, according to Hermione, is the most severely haunted building in Britain." both Rowen and Lupin shared a look, she knew the truth from her mother's diaries, but she would never tell that to Harry.

"Yes, that too..."

"Professor, can I ask you something?"

"You'd like to know why I stopped you from facing the Boggart." Harry had a surprised look on his face, "I should think it'd be obvious. I assumed the Boggart would take the shape of Lord Voldemort." Harry frowned and Lupin studied him and then looked over at Rowen who was listening intently to the conversation as if she was analyzing it, "but clearly... I was wrong."

"I did think of Voldemort first. But then, I remembered that night on the train... and the Dementors. Thought about my inability to protect Row."

"Well, well. I'm impressed." Lupin said earning a look.

"It's a good thing because what you fear most, is fear itself. It's smart, Harry." Rowen said.

"Before I fainted...I heard something. A woman. Screaming. Rowen didn't hear it."

"Dementors force us to relive the worst memories of our lives. Our pain becomes their power."

"I think it was my mother. The night she was murdered. But then why didn't Rowen hear it? Her mother died that night too." Harry looked up.

"The first time I saw you, Harry, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar. By your eyes. They're your mother Lily's. Then I looked at Rowen and saw the flaming hair and the same eyes and knew who she was." Lupin nodded, "yes. I knew them both. Both Lily and Dahlia were there for me at a time when no one else was. We used to talk for hours. They were both not only singularly gifted witches but so uncommonly kind." Rowen looked up at him, "they were both so similar, honestly. They both had a way of seeing the beauty in whoever she met, even--and perhaps most especially--when that person couldn't see it in themselves..." Lupin smiled at the memories he held with both Lily and Dahlia and looked at their children, "which perhaps explains her affection for your father, James. He had, shall we say, a certain talent for trouble. As for Sirius, he was trouble and fell in love with Dahlia the moment he laid eyes on her and had a knack for trouble as well. A gift, rumor has it, both of you have." Lupin turned, eyes trained on the two and Rowen smiled, "I could tell you stories--and there are many about both of your parents, but know this... they lived. Every moment of every day. You should know that. That's how they'd want to be remembered. Your mother as well, Rowen."