0.50

Rowen helped Molly and Ginny pass out food before taking her seat next to George. Since returning the two had been even more inseparable than before and were constantly together. This Christmas had been great to the pair and George surprised Rowen with a silver locket with a picture of her parents inside as well as a picture of them. It was a simple locket but she didn't care she loved it and would cherish it for the rest of her life.

"Eat up, eat up, everyone! There's more to come." Rowen smiled at the food and looked down to see Harry talking with Lupin, Tonks, and Mr. Weasley. Rowen remembered there was a full moon coming up and took that as the reason Remus looked so worn down. After dinner Rowen and George went to her room, George leaned against the headboard and watched Rowen carefully.

"I have one more gift for you." Rowen said with a smile.

"You've already given me the perfect gift" Rowen moved closer and sat on his lap before kissing him, "oh. I mean if you're ready." simple, brief kisses turned into more feverous ones and before long clothing was lost. Precautions were taken and the two were about to do it before hearing a noise. Rowen sat up and slipped her dress back on so quickly and was already gone. She apparated outside and caught sight of Bellatrix. Harry was next to her in a minute and they both took off towards her.

"Harry, Rowen, no!" Mr. Weasley called out. But they were both gone, Rowen had eyes on her and shot a spell at the crazed woman that killed her father. They were in the middle of the marsh and they lost Bellatrix but had a new enemy now. Greyback, the werewolf who was entirely too vicious. All three students were trapped until Bellatrix whistled and Greyback retreated. Arthur, Remus, and Tonks all came into the clearing and they made their way back to the house that was now engulfed in flames. Rowen stood next to George.

"You had me so worried. You just took off. Don't do that." George said holding onto her. She couldn't bring herself to apologize because it wouldn't have been real because she wasn't sorry. 

--

When they returned to Hogwarts Harry and Rowen had to tell Hermione what had happened and they got called out for being idiots like they knew they would.

"You two were lucky you weren't killed." Hermione said, "you have to realize who you are, Harry. And Rowen, completely irresponsible."

"I know who I am, Hermione, alright?" Harry said sharply, "sorry."

"So tell me what Arthur said."

"If Dumbledore's traveling places, it's news to the Ministry. But get this: the night at Borgin and Burkes? It seems Draco was looking at a Vanishing Cabinet."

"What would Draco want with a Vanishing Cabinet?"

"You tell me." Harry said.

"He is looking different. Almost sick like." Rowen said, "maybe something has him stressed out that he hasn't been sleeping or drinking. Maybe it's fear." they turned the corner of a corridor and caught sight of Ron and Lavender.

"Lav, c'mon. Of course I'll wear it." he said referring to a necklace he was holding in his hand.

"That's my Won-Won."

"Excuse me, I have to go and vomit." Hermione said leaving.

Rowen sat next to Ron's bed in the hospital wing, he had apparently been poisoned and Harry was the one to save him. She was very confused on the whole situation and decided when things died down she would ask Harry to clear it all up. Dumbledore, Snape, Slughorn, and McGonagall walked into the hospital wing and then came over them.

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry. Using Bezoar. You must be very proud of your student, eh, Horace?" Dumbledore mentioned gaining the attention of the dazed Professor.

"Hm? Oh. Yes...very proud."

"I think we all agree that Mr. Potter's actions were heroic. The question is: why were they necessary?" McGonagall asked

"Why indeed." Dumbledore took the bottle of liquor and noticed that the bottle still had the gift wrap on it, "this appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't by chance remember who gave you this bottle, do you--which by the way possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry when not polluted with poison."

"Actually, I had intended to give it as a gift myself."

"To whom might I ask?"

"You, Headmaster." Slughorn looked up at Dumbledore and the door burst opened.

"Where is he? Where's my Won-Won! Has he been asking for me?" she stopped suddenly and looked at Hermione who was sitting next to him on the bed, "what's she doing here?" she asked about Hermione.

"I might ask you the same."

"I happen to be his girlfriend."

"I happen to be his...friend."

"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose you want to make up with him now that he's suddenly all interesting."

"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo! And for the record, I've always found him interesting." Hermione said back to the crazed girl. They stopped though when Ron started stirring.

"Ha! See? He senses my presence. I'm here, Won-Won. I'm here---"

"Er....my...nee....Er! My! Nee!" Ron said in a haze, he reached out blindly and Hermione took his hand. He fell unconscious again. Lavender started crying and ran out of the hospital wing.

"Ah, to be young and feel love's keen sting. Come, everyone, I think Mr. Weasley is well tended." Rowen stood up and smiled at Hermione. Ginny walked past them,

"'Bout time, don't you think?" Harry watched her go and noticed Slughorn has stopped at the doorway.

"I've always cherished my students. They're my life." then he left. Harry and Rowen turned back and looked at Hermione holding onto Ron's hand.

"Oh, shut up."