0.23

Ron wasn't talking to Harry. Now that Rowen thought about it, a lot of people weren't talking to Harry. Ron had questioned Harry about not being a good friend because he didn't inform him of how he got his name into the Goblet of Fire, and Harry swore that he didn't do it. Rowen was the only one who believed him and because of this she was outcasted as well, but she didn't really care. 

"She kept saying I was twelve, it was terrible. She was terrible." Harry complained, he had just returned from his interview with Rita Skeeter from the Daily Prophet, "she also asked about you and how your dad was the cause of our mothers deaths and how we are brave to stand by each other."

"What a nutter." Rowen said with a smile, "I'm going to the Owlery. Want to come?" Harry nodded and the two walked together in silence. When they got there they looked out the window and wondered when they were going to hear from Sirius. A dark owl flew in and nudged Rowen with it's beak. 

"Harry, Rowen. I couldn't risk sending Hedwig. It was since the world cup that the Ministry's been intercepting more and more owls and she's easily recognized. We need to talk, the three of us. Face to face. Meet me in the Gryffindor common room at one o'clock this Saturday night and make sure you two are alone. P.S.." the bird nipped at Harry's finger, causing it to bleed, "the bird bites."

That Saturday night they sat in the common room alone. Rowen was staring at the fire and Harry was looking around. 

"Sirius?" he called out, he picked up the Daily Prophet and read the headline.

"Harry Potter aged twelve, suspect entrant in the tri-wizard tournament. His eyes swimming with the ghost of his..." Rita's voice said, he crumpled the paper up and threw it in the fire. The fire itself flames up and Sirius' face appears in the embers.

"Sirius?! How..."

"I don't have much time Harry so let me get straight to it. Did you or did you not put your name into the goblet of fire?"

"No!"

"Shh.. I had to ask. Now, tell me about this dream of yours. You mentioned Wormtail and Voldemort, but who was the third man in the room?"

"I dunno."

"You didn't hear a name?"

"No. Umm... Voldemort was giving him a job to do. Something important."

"What was that?"

"He wanted...me. I dunno why, but he was gonna use this man to get to me. I mean it was only a dream right?"

"Not necessarily, Harry." Rowen said.

"Sirius?"

"Yes. It's just a dream. Look Harry, the death eaters at the world cup, your name rising from the Goblet these are not just coincidences. Hogwarts isn't safe anymore. You two need to stick together as much as possible."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying the devils are inside the walls. Igor Karkaroff, he was a death eater. And no one, no one stops being a death eater. Then there's Barty Crouch, heart of stone, send his own son to Azkaban."

"Do you think one of them put my name in the goblet?"

"I haven't a clue who put your name in that goblet Harry but whoever did it is no friend to you. People die in this tournament."

"I'm not ready for this Sirius."

"You don't have a choice, Harry." Rowen said. Both Gryffindor's turned around when they heard the sound of someone coming from the dorms an down the stairs

"Someone's coming!" Harry said.

"Keep your friends close Harry, Rowen closer. Rowen darling keep up the good work with your grades. I love you."

"I love you too." Rowen said rushing, Ron came into the room and Sirius disappeared.

"Who were you two talking to?"

"Each other?" Rowen said.

"I heard voices."

"Maybe you're imagining things, wouldn't be the first time."

"Probably just practicing for your next interview I expect." Ron left the room and Harry turned back to the fire and Sirius was gone. The two cousins looked at each other and sighed.

"He'll get his head out of his ass soon enough."