0.08

They went to the Great Hall as instructed by Professor Dumbledore. They set up sleeping arrangements for all of Gryffindor and one by one the lights in the Great Hall went out. But Rowen remained wide awake, her thoughts running wild with the news that her father was inside the castle. 

"I've done the dungeons, Headmaster. No sign of Black. Nor anywhere else in the castle." Rowen heard Snape say. She watched the pair as they discussed the situation.

"I didn't really expect him to linger." Dumbledore confirmed.

"Remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter Hogwarts castle one one's own, completely undetected..." Dumbledore didn't say a word, she knew from the journals that Snape didn't like his father, in fact he hated him so very much that she didn't think it possible, "you may recall, prior to the start of term, I did express my concerns when you appointed Professor--"

"I do not believe a single Professor inside this castle would have helped Sirius Black enter it, Severus." Dumbledore retorted cutting Snape off, "no... I feel quiet confident the castle is safe. And I'm more than willing to let the students return to their Houses. But tomorrow. For now, let them sleep.." Rowen watched as Dumbledore's gaze found Harry, and then her own, "it's astonishing what the body can endure when the mind allows itself to rest.

The next morning when Rowen was allowed to return to the common room the Fat Lady's portrait was replaced by another. One of a Tiny Knight she had learned was named Sir Cadogan.

"Who dares challenge Sir Cadogan! Back, you scurvy braggarts! You rogues." 

"He's barking mad!" Seamus said\

"What do you expect? After what happened to the Fat Lady, none of the other pictures would take the job."

"But he keeps changing the password. Twice just this morning! I've taken to keep a list." Neville said holding up a wrinkled piece of parchment. Just as Rowen was going in, Harry, Ron, and Hermione all file out.

"Farewell, comrades! If ever you have need of noble heart and steely sinew, call upon Sir Cadogan!"

"Yeah, we'll call you.. if we ever need someone mental." Ron said. Rowen went inside the common room and changed her clothes quickly before getting ready for her classes for the day. When she got to Defense Against the Dark Arts and saw that Snape was teaching it she knew the reason, it was a full moon tonight and there was no doubt in Rowen's mind that Professor Lupin was preparing himself for a rough night. 

"Afternoon students, please turn to page three-hundred and ninety-four." Snape said in his monotone voice. Nobody questioned him, the forth year students new better. The Gryffindors just wanted to make it through the lecture without losing any points. Rowen looked down at the page and then up at Snape, he was teaching them about werewolves. He wanted Remus' secret to be out, "Which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Rowen raised her hand and Snape's dark eyes found hers, "yes, Miss. Black."

"An Animagus is a person who chooses to turn into a animal. A werewolf is a person who either is born or bitten and becomes a slave to the moon. A werewolf often hunts humans and they only respond when they hear the call of their own kind."

"Very good, Miss. Black. As the rest of you are so blindly ignorant, I'd like two rolls of parchment on the werewolf by Monday morning." Rowen rolled her eyes to the man, and bit down on her lip. There was no use fighting the man, sure he didn't seem to hate her as much as he hated Harry, but she wondered if he is jumping straight to werewolves in all of the Defense classes today.