0.62

Rowen sat in the window seat of the cottage. She was still weak and she still hadn't held her baby. Fleur had dedicated herself to taking care of the infant that Rowen had no connection to. The child held no name and until Rowen was able to see George it probably wouldn't. Bill brought Rowen over a cup of tea and kissed her forehead.

"It's beautiful here." Luna said.

"It was our Aunt's. We used to come here as kids. The Order uses it now as a safe house--what's left of us, at least. Remus and Tonk are on their way." Rowen breathed out in relief over that news Remus would provide guidance to the young witch when she so desperately needed it.

When Rowen heard the pop that could only come from apparition she dropped her tea mug and launched herself into the arms of Remus. She cried into his neck.

"I did-didn't mean to." she cried out. He soothed her and pulled her away.

"It's going to be okay." he told her, "let's go talk, shall we?" she nodded and pulled him outside onto the deck where chairs were scattered around, "have you held him yet?"

"No. I can't. I don't want to get attached to him."

"That's not only going to harm you, but him as well. He needs to fell that connection with his mother."

"But his mother could still die."

"Is that why you're not doing it?" Rowen didn't say anything, she only looked down, "Tonks and I had a son as well, last month."

"Why didn't you tell me? What's his name?"

"Edward, from her father. And just like her father, he'll go by Teddy." Rowen smiled and looked at Remus.

"Where is he?"

"Staying with her mother."

"You think she'd take him until this is all over? Keep him safe?"

"Andromeda is your aunt, I'm sure she'd have no problem with that. But you might want time to think about it."

"I want him out of this house. I can't keep hearing him cry. It's driving me insane."

"Rowen, you can't run from this."

"Is it running if you plan to go back if you survive?"

"Yes, it is." Rowen placed her chin on her knee and looked over at Remus. This wasn't the advice she was suggesting but it was something and knowing Remus, it was probably good advice, "we'll take him home with us when we leave. You should say goodbye at least, now I'm gonna go talk to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I heard you were avoiding them as well."

Rowen actually took the advice of Remus. She went to the room where her son was sleeping in a dilapidated crib. She looked down at him and it was like he sensed her because his closed eyes opened. She jumped back slightly when he started to cry, she took a step forward before gently picking him up and sitting in a rocking chair with him and holding him to her chest, "you'll be back before you know it. You'll finally get to meet your father. He's funny, you'll love him. I'm sorry I didn't take better care of you these last three months when I knew you were in there. I'll be better. If I survive this, I'll be better for you. I promise. You're a miracle. I'm so relieved you're okay. Miracle, huh, what do you think about that for a name?" Rowen looked down, "no, not quite right is it? What about Marvel? That's French for miracle and your Aunt Fleur is French." Rowen kissed the top of his head, "I think Marvel suits you very well, Marvel Weasley. Our little miracle." when Marvel started crying again, she went downstairs with him and got him a bottle and sat outside with him feeding him. Harry came outside and sat next to her on the swinging bench she sat on.

"We are leaving for Gringotts tomorrow morning with Griphook."

"Be safe. Remus is taking Marvel to be with my Aunt Andromeda. I'll probably stay here trying to get my strength back up until we decided what's next."

"You finally named him?"

"Yeah. Marvel is French for miracle. Fleur being French and taking care of him." she looked at her son and then back at Harry. Tears poured from her eyes, "I'm so lucky he's okay. I'd be so angry with myself if I let anything happen to him because I was so stubborn I kept it a secret." Remus and Tonks came out of the backdoor to the house and looked at the two cousins and the baby.

"How do you feel?" Remus asked.

"Better. Somehow your advice worked." Rowen told him honestly, "are you two leaving already?"

"Unfortunately so. But we'll see each other again soon. I promise." Remus said as Rowen stood, she looked down at her son and saw him sleeping. 

"Until we meet again, Marvel." Rowen said. She handed over her son to Tonks before giving Remus a hug goodbye and they apparated away. Harry took Rowen in his arm and held her as she cried.

"You'll see him again."

"I hope so."