0.07

When they got back to the Great Hall that night it was buzzing with tales of Hogsmeade and it was annoying both Rowen and Harry. They sat next to each other, across from Ron and Hermione.

"And the post office! It's about two-hundred owls, all sitting on color coded shelves, depending on how fast you want your letter to go!"

"And Honeyduke's is brilliant! Sugar Quills, Flaming Whizbees- and blood flavored lollipops for Halloween!" Harry nods and picks at the food on his plate.

"But, I mean, after awhile, it got a bit boring. Don't you think, Ron?" Hermione must have noticed Harry's expression.

"Huh? Oh. Yeah. Dead depressing. Hang on. I almost forgot. I got you something wicked at Dervish and Banges. It's a Pocket Sneakoscope." Ron placed a small glass spinning top on the table, "if there's someone untrustworthy around, it's mean to light up and spin. Mind you, Fred and George say it's rubbish, sold for wizard tourists, but I thought, you know, it can't hurt, given that..." Ron cut off looking at Rowen wide-eyed.

"Rowen's dad is trying to kill us." Harry looked up and grinned at both of them, "I'm glad you had a good time. Really. And thanks for this." he eyed the Sneakoscope and looked at Rowen, "we had fun today, right Row?" Rowen nodded in response, "rubbish or not, you're right. It can't hurt." Harry popped a Pepper Imp into his mouth. 

"Oh, careful of those, they'll make your..." as if on cue smoke curls from Harry's ears and nose, "never mind."

After dinner the four of them decided to head back to the common room, to find a crowd gathering on the Seventh Floor landing.

"What's the hold-up?" Ron questioned, "only Neville ever forgets the password." Percy ended up pushing past them.

"Let me through, please. Excuse me, thank you, I'm Head Boy..." he stopped, "back! All of you! No one is to enter this dormitory until it has been fully searched!" they all exchanged looks and Rowen pushed herself forward and saw the claw marks on their door.

"Padfoot." she whispered to herself, she dropped on her knees and ran her fingers along the door. She felt someone pulling her up and looked to see Professor Dumbledore.

"Mr. Filch. Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle for the Fat Lady." Dumbledore looked at Rowen and she nodded indicating that she was okay They all heard a scream.

"There'll be no need for ghosts, Professor." Filch extended a crooked finger. High up, near the ceiling, the Fat Lady cowers in a portrait not her own, trembling.

"Dear lady. Who did this to you?"

"Every like the devil he's got. And a soul as dark as his name. It was him, Headmaster. The one they talk about. Rowen's father. He's here. Somewhere in the castle. Sirius Black." the students react and Rowen found herself backing away from the ground.

"Secure the castle, Mr. Filch. The rest of you... to the Great Hall."