0.18

Rowen laid in the hospital and she wondered how long she had been out. She looked over and saw Harry sitting in the seat next to her.

"How long?"

"Two days." he said 

"My dad?"

"We used Hermione's time turner to go back. We were able to save him and Buckbeak. But he had to get away since Pettigrew got away." she nodded looking over her cousin.

"Soon, we will be reunited with him soon." Rowen promised grabbing onto his hand.

"He wanted me to tell you that actually. But said you probably already knew that. Says you're like your mother. Smart."

"A little too smart sometimes. But hey, that's part of my charm." Harry only laughed before rolling his eyes, "is Remus still here?"

"Yes, he's been by every night since you've been out. But he's got to leave. Snape let it slip that there was a werewolf teaching at the school."

"Of course he did. That slimy git. Can you get Madam Pomfrey? I'd really like to see Remus before he leaves." Harry nodded before standing. She was only allowed to leave once Madam Pomfrey said she was good as new. So she made her way through the castle towards the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom where her friend resided.

"Oi, Black! Good to see you up!" George called running up to her.

"I imagine so. Seeing my beautiful face around the castle is bound to make everyones days better." Rowen smiled brightly earning a laugh from George.

"I suppose you're right there my friend." though that certain word still burned Rowen up inside there was nothing she could do about it. George knew about her feelings and had done nothing about it. So that was that, she was going to try her best over summer break to get over George, though that would prove difficult since she lived with the idiot, "what are you thinking about?"

"About how much of a pain this summer will be living with you idiots."

"But it'll be fun."

"Depends on what you think fun is. But I must be off. I was headed to see Re-Professor Lupin." Rowen said. George hugged her, which caught the fiery red head off guard. He pulled apart and looked down at her, "what? I mean I probably look a bloody mess by why are you staring at me like that."

"N-nothing. Just wondering how you look so casually gorgeous."

"Thank you? But I really got to go, George. We live together you're going to see me again very soon. Then you can shower me in all the compliments you want." Rowen smiled detaching herself from George and continuing down the corridor. 

"Hello, Rowen." Remus said as she walked through the door, "I've been through worse, believe me."

"I do."

"Did I hurt you? I checked on you."

"I know, Harry told me. But no it wasn't you. Those damn dementors. I wasn't strong enough."

"Don't be too hard on yourself. You're only fourteen."

"I know. But I-I've been told that my mother was able to pick up magically so quickly. I just want to make them proud."

"And you have. Come here." Remus pulled her into his chest, "if I weren't worried about every full moon I'd offer you a place to stay to be able to get over him quickly."

"I know you would. Don't worry. I'll be fine. I'm going to miss you though. I better see you again soon."

"You will without a doubt see me again, Rowen. I promise." Rowen broke off the hug.

"Well, I better let you get back to it." Rowen was headed to the common room but was pulled outside by a crowd of Gryffindor's surrounding Harry. She went outside just in time to Harry take off on the newest Firebolt. She found herself standing next to Hermione and then was handed a parcel of her own. She opened it quickly and pulled out a leather bound journal, new quills, and a thing of ink. She picked up the hippogriff feather and looked over at Hermione. She opened the journal.

Rowen,

Your mother did it daily.

SB

End of Part One