Part 7

"Max."

SHIT!

I already have my blanket, and two shirts and a pair of pants. I was ready to run. But sadly Pat's voice on the other side of the door stopped me on my way to the sliding door.

"Max. Can I please come in?" Pat practically begged.

I hate it when people beg. I always give in to people when they beg. I took a step towards the door, but stopped. What am I doing!? I need to get out of here. I need to be as far away from this family as possible. I don't want to hurt them more than I already have. I shook Pat's plea out of my head, and rushed to the sliding door, and practically throwing it open. Just as I took a step out. I felt hands wrap around me, and pull my fowerds into a hard warm chest.

How the fuck did I not see a person out here?

"Max." Came his soft voice.

I kept my head bowed. Focusing on how my chest touched his.

"Max please look at me."

I just shook my head. I didn't want him or anyone to see me this vunarable. I've never felt like this. I've never wanted to leave somewhere cause of someone else. I've always wanted to leave cause of how much I hated a place.

"Max please."

I sighed, but kept my head down. "I can't stay here Cole."

I tried pushing him away, but it was like pushing a wall. "Cole let me go."

When he didn't even lossen his hold on me I started freaking out. Flash backs started popping into my head left and right.

"Please! Please Cole let me go!" I was about to scream but some how it came out in a panic whisper.

"No."

"LET ME GO!" My yell must have caused Pat to panic cause she came shooting through the door and outside fast. She must have seen me struggling against Cole's hold, cause she yelled at Cole to let me go imeditly.

"But mom she was about to run."

"I don't care right now Cole! Let her go NOW! Can't you see she is freaking out!" She ran towards me as Cole finally let me go. Without his hold on me, I fell to the ground shaking in fear.

"Cole go down stairs and finish dinner with the others I've got her now." She said as sat next to me, not touching me.

I didn't hear Coles response. I didn't even hear him leave. The only way I knew he was gone was because of Pat telling me.

"Max. Are you ok now?" She asked after a little while.

I didn't move, nor speak.

"Max. Will you please talk to me?"

I toke a deep breath. " I'm so sorry Pat. I didn't mean to say that out loud. I didn't mean to hurt you. I don't want to hurt you. Or anyone here." I closed my eyes as I turned to face her. " I can't stay here Pat." I felt a stray tear fall down my face. The last time I cried was when I was 7. After I experienced the worst thing ever.

"Your not leaving Max. I understand why you thought that. And it's ok. The whole reason I wanted to adopt you was to help show that there is someone who loves you and will stay with you as long as she can. I wanted you to know what it feels like to be part of a pack. I mean family." She looked at me with sadness in her eyes. "You the one who say's everyone leaves. Well, right now Max your the one leaving."

I looked down ashamed. She was right. I'm the one leaving. But I'm leaving for a good reason. So I don't hurt anyone. So I don't question anyones feelings. So I don't ruin anyones relationship with my stupid beliefs of someone always leaving.

"Stay Max. You didn't hurt anyone. You just surprised us that's all." She gave me a small smile.

"That's what you think but maybe everyone else hates me now."

She just looked at me like I was the worlds crazest person ever. "No they don't."

"How do you know?" I questioned quickly. I didn't want to stay somewhere where someone hates me.

"Trust me. I just do." her smile grew as she stood up and brushed the grass off her skirt."come on." She said holding out a hand towards me.

I shook my head. " I don't want to go back down there."

She just nodded. I know she wasn't happy about me not wanting to finish meeting everyone. But she knew better than anyone if I didn't want to do something there was no way in hell I was going to do it.

"Fine. Do you want me to bring up your plate of dinner?" She asked as I grabbed her hand and pulled myself up. Picking up my stuff in the process.

"No. I just want to be alone. Is there somewhere I can be alone?"

She just smiled at me. " You can stay in your room. You don't have to let anyone in your room if you don't want them in there. Ok?"

I couldn't believe that I had my own room! "So everything in there is mine? I don't have to share anything with anyone?"

She gave me a sad smile. "No. That's all yours. You just have to share this pool and this yard area with mainly Travis." Said as she pointed to the third pair of doors that was the farthest down from my room. "But don't worry about him being to loud out here. You room is sound proof. Kind of. Well, as good as its going to get. It won't block out all sounds, but most." She said smiling at me.

"So I can go swimming?" I asked excitedly.

"Any time you want Max. Just as long as the lights are on in the pool at night."

I almost rolled my eyes at her motherly rules.

"I also have a surprise for you. But I mean if you want to be alone...."

We finally made it back into my room where I put all the stuff in my hands back on the bed.

I glared at her. She knew I could never say no to a surprise.

"What is it?" I asked her. Pat always had the best surprises.

"Come in!" She yelled not moving her gaze from me.

I looked behind her where I saw movement by my bedroom door. And in walked my best friend in the whole world.

"TYLER!"