Big bad CEO

"Well here we are." I said as I threw the shitty old truck into park.

We were outside of DavenTech HQ. He had to be here. I looked out the sun roof, and looked at the big glass building. There had to be about 50-60 stories. It took about three hours to get here. Without traffic. We made it in five.

"Well. You ready?" Cole asked.

"Yeah." No. I was not. I don't think anyone would be ready to meet their father after 16 years of knowing nothing.

"Hey." I looked over at Cole. "You got this. You are going to go in there, and show him how amazing you are. And he is going to beg you to take all his money."

I laughed. "Is that the main reason you came here? To see how much money I get? That is if any."

"NOOOOO!" He said sarcastically. "I'm here to help out my sister. How dare you say that to me! That hurts." He faked cried.

I laughed and patted his back. "It's ok Cole. I'd make sure to give you a dollar." I said as I hopped out of the truck.

"That's it!? A dollar!"

"I mean unless you want less."

"NO! I'll take the dollar."

I just laughed.

-------------

"I'm sorry but you have to have an appointment." The lady at the front desk said to me for like the thousandth time.

"If you could please call him and tell him that Selena Cave is here. I won't need an appointment."

She looked at me with a bored expression on her face. "Nope." She said popping the no.

I've been going back and forth with her for about 30 minutes now. And I've just about had enough.

"Look lady. I've just found out from my mother that I didn't even know was alive. That my birthfather is Max Davenport. I've lived in shitty places all my life. And I've been to jail a few times. And I'm not afraid to go back." I glared at her. Her face changing into one of complete shock. "So if you don't call up there right now. Shit is going to hit the fan."

I watched as she hurriedly picked up the phone.

Yeah that's what I thought.

"Security. We have a nut that needs to be escorted out."

WHAT!

"WHAT THE HELL!" I screamed.

I watched as two big ass guys came towards me.

----------------------

"I can't believe they threw us out!" I growled as I stood outside the door.

"Really? You can't believe it?" Cole asked looking at me like I was some crazy person. Which at the moment I was.

"Oh shut up. What did you do again? Oh right. Nothing." I glared at him.

"That's not true." He stated. "I got this." He held put a paper that looked to have every phone number in the building on it.

"Way to go Cole!" I said as I grabbed it from him.

I looked threw the list, and finally found the top floor reception number.

"Come on. Lets get in the truck. That way they think it's a real person that's super important."

I laughed. But Cole was right. No one who was high up would have a loud office. And even though the truck wasn't sound proof. It would have to do.

-------------------

RING RING RING

"DavenTech this is Kelly, how can I help you?" A soft voice asked.

"Yes. This is Sammy from Apple." Everyone knew apple. And I mean come on DavenTech had to be in a partnership with them.

"Oh hey Sammy!" Kelly said. "How are the kids?"

What the hell? I had to pick a name, and a place that someone Kelly knows works. Shit.

"Um. Oh they are good. You know them." I looked at Cole. Thinking about something to say that little kids do. "Running around." I said hoping she would move past this.

"Yeah. I hope Izzy isn't getting into to much trouble."

Who the fuck names their kid Izzy.

"Oh no. Not anymore?" It came out more as a question.

"Are we still on for dinner tomorrow?"

Ok I was done with this shit.

"Yeah sure. Hey can you patch me threw to Mr.Davenport please. Mr. Jobs needs to have a word with him about the product." God I hope there's a real product.

"Oh of course! We need to talk again. Call me after." Kelly said then I heard a beep.

I let out a sigh. Thank god that was over.

"Hello." A deep voice came through the phone.

I didn't answer. I didn't know how to answer.

"Hello? Steve?"

I snapped out of it. Who the fuck is Steve? Oh right Jobs.

"Max Davenport?" I was tired of beating around the  bush with people. I was getting right to the point.

"Who is this? I thought I was suppose to be  talking  to Jobs." I could anger in his voice.

"My name is Max. But you may know me as Taylor. My mother's name is Selena Cave." I just vomited all the words.

I didn't hear anything for a second.

"Taylor?" I could hear a sob like sound come from his end. "Is that really you?"

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Feeling relieved that he didn't hang up on me.

"Yes. It is. Um. I would like to meet you. If you don't mind."

"Yes. Defiantly. Where and when?" I heard some shuffling. It sounded like he was getting a pen and paper.

"Well. Um. I'm actually at your building now. I tried to get in but the lady at the front wouldn't let me. They um. They threw me out."

I heard a deep chuckle. "That was you?"

He heard about it? How? Well. Never mind  I guess he would. I mean it is his company.

"Yeaaaah."

He laughed.

"Ok. I'll come down."

Wow. Now. "um ok." I said.

Then the phone ended.

"What happened?" Cole asked. His eyes full of curiosity.

I could barely get the words out. I was finally going to meet my father.

"He's coming down to meet me."