Untitled Part 51

"Where do you want me to start?" Pat asked.

"How about that night when you ran." I stated. Wanting to know everything about that night.

"Very well." Pat leaned forwards, and put her hands on her desk in a folded position. "That night, you were asleep in your crib that was still in our room. Your father was working late in his office, and I was laying in my bed watching tv, when out of no where, your father burst into the room. Pissed about something to do with work. I don't know what it was, so when I tried to calm him down, he threw me on the bed. He didn't force himself on me. But he just wouldn't calm down. He went into the bathroom, and started throwing shit around. I didn't know what to do. And my wolf didn't like the fact that he had just thrown us aside. Plus, on top of that, I had a very bad day with you. I had to clean the house, and watch you with no help. And I was already mad at your father from the fight we had that morning. So him throwing a big tamturm about whatever, and making a mess which I knew I was going to have to clean up later myself anyway. Didn't make me the happiest person in the world. And I lost control of my wolf. She was so fed up with your father. Ugh. Anyway, she shifted. And hearing the sound of bones breaking, caused your father to look at me from inside the bathroom. And I still remember the look in his face." Pat started laughing. But when she saw that I wasn't going to join in, she stopped, and went on.

"Anyway, my wolf lost it, and I destroyed the bedroom. Making sure to stay clear of your crib, and only throwing and tearing things that wouldn't fly and hit you. After my little rant, I shifted back, and your father couldn't stand the sight of me. All he saw was a monster. He came at me a knife, that he got from my sewing kit that I kept in the bathroom. Anyway, he was able to cut my arm before I ran towards your crib, picked you up and ran out the door. Your father yelling the words 'I'll get you and my baby if it's the last thing I do.' So I ran to a friend of mine that's a witch. And asked her to keep your wolf buried forever, or at least until you found your mate. And I left." Pat looked at me with hesitance in her gaze. But when I didn't move she went on.

"I didn't want you to spend life on the run from him with me. Cause knowing him he would literally search after us forever. And he did search. He found me one day three years after I dropped you off at the witch's house. He asked me where you were. And I told him that you didn't make it. And he attacked me again. Only this time, he did more damage than before. That time he was able to cut my hip. I have a scar all the way around my hip thanks to him. I was able to get away from him. Thankful that he didn't know about your sisters. Who I left at your grandparents house."

"Why didn't you leave me there two? And how the hell did he not know about Hannah and Kaylee?" I asked. I mean come on how was she able to keep them safe, and not me? I mean think about it, why not let me stay at Grandma and Grandpa's. Whoever they were.

"My parents didn't like the fact that your father was human. So they kept the girls. And I didn't tell them that I had you. I was not ashamed of you. But your father was a human, and back then it was frowned upon mating with a human. Let alone, he wasn't my mate. It was really just suppose to be a little fling, but then I had you. And we were both so happy. But I guess my parents were right when they said to never trust a human." She looked down ashamed.

"So you sent me off to an adoption agence?" Out of everything she could have done. She did that.

"Yes. I became a social worker just so I could stay in your life." She added as if they made everything better.

"Yet you lied to me telling me that I didn't have a name? Why not just give me my old name back?" I mean at least let me keep something form my past. That would have made me feel like my parents had a little heart.

"I couldn't take the chance in letting your father find you. So I named you Max when they told me to fill out the paper work and everything. And I mean you seemed to like the name. So it stuck." She shrugged like it was no big deal.

Well maybe not to her. But to me it was a huge deal.

"So you gave me a guys name? What? Did you wish I was a boy or something? I mean why not give me a more girly name? Not that I'm complaining. I mean I hate all girly shit anyway, but why Max? out of every other fucking name out there you picked that. You didn't even tell me if it was short for anything or nothin. You just came up to me one day and said.."Hey sweetie. I'm Pat. Your Max, and this is your new life. Enjoy how fucked up it is." I mean for real. You could have just stuck with Taylor or something. You know how many time's I heard from other kids.."I thought you were a boy when this person said this about you.' I mean come on! So why Max?" I've always wanted to know this honestly.

Pat looked down, shrugged, then looked back up into my eyes with a plan expression on her face. "It was your fathers name."

What he fuck? She wanted to name me after someone who wanted to kill me? I mean I guess in way that could be smart. No one who was looking from their daughter that knew that their ex wife or girlfriend whatever the fuck my mom was to that guy, would even dare to think about typing in Max on facebook. Not only was it his name. But also cause it was a guys name. No one would be looking for a girl with a guy name.

"Who is my father? You haven't told me anything about him besides he is a total dick, and his name was Max. But what's his full name?" I leaned forwards.

Taking another deep breath, Pat finally answered.

"Max Davenport."

My mouth dropped.

Holy fucking shit! There was no way. This is crazy. I had to make sure.

"You mean to tell me. That my father is Max Davenport. The CEO of DavenTech? The richest guy in the states aside from Bill Gates. Your saying that's my father?"

Pat just nodded.

"I want to meet him."

That's when a true look of fear crossed Pat's face.

Yeah I probably shouldn't have said that out loud.