Untitled Part 63

Travis POV

That was it! I couldn't take it anymore. I've been sitting out on the deck of our room, listening to Tyler and Max for the past 30 minutes. Since our room was literally right under theirs, and they left the doors that lead to their deck open. It was kind of hard not to hear all the yelling, and the drunk Max talking.

I had done that. I had been the one who fucked up. And if I'm being honest, I don't blame her for rejecting me. Not only cause I know she didn't want to. But also because I knew it was Tylers idea. I knew it was him who told her that all the pain would go away, that everything would be right in the world. That I would just hurt her again if she didn't do it.

I knew what he was trying to do. I knew that he wanted my mate since I saw him. But like I said before, he wasn't getting her. I just had to make up for what I've done. I have to find a way to make Max forgive me. To make her see that I wouldn't do this again.

I had to make her accept me again. I had to make her rethink about rejecting me. Make her take it back. If not for my own life, then for my packs.

I had broken my already scarred mate.

And I was going to be the one to fix her.

----------------------------

Max POV

I didn't want to forgive Travis. Well, I did and I didn't. I didn't want him, out of fear that he would do this again. I didn't want him cause he is a jack ass. I didn't want him cause he would just make me feel like this again. But I did want him cause I knew he would stop the pain.

I did want him cause I knew he could be a better guy. I wanted him cause I knew we all made mistakes. But I mainly wanted him for selfish reasons. And that was to make my wolf feel better, and for me to stop being in pain.

I didn't have to be friends with him in my human form. If it was up to me, I wouldn't say sorry. But I knew that Taylor would need him back. And I knew that if I ever did shift, she would love on him, and treat him as a true mate would. So I had to keep Travis around for her. Even if I was still beyond pissed.

As I got dressed, and the alcohol finally started leaving my system, Taylor finally spoke to me.

Max, I want you too know that we aren't going to forgive him.

This surprised me.

Then what are we going to do?

We just have to tolerate him. He hurt us, and there is no way we are going to give him our forgiveness just yet. He has to work for it. So your not going to tell him you forgive him. You are simply going to tell him that you don't reject him. Then we will work our way from there.

So we just say that we don't reject him. That's it? That will make the pain stop just by saying that?

Yes. Not all the pain. But almost all of it. Nothing will hurt anymore. You just have to let him know that you didn't reject him. Cause by his wolf thinking you did. It had put us both in a painful position. It had made him think that we didn't want him, and made his wolf think that he didn't have a mate. And when a wolf doesn't accept their mate, then the wolf part of them dies. So his wolf is already in the thought process that he is going to die.

So just tell him we don't reject him, then let him try to gain my trust again?

Yes.

As long as I didn't have to forgive him. I was fine with that. Even though I know earlier I said I had to be the one to do that.

I was lying.

I mean come on! If you were in my shoes, would you want to be the one to man up and say I forgive you for cheating on me even though we are destined to be together. I forgive you.