Trip for one

The plane ride to Daventech was luxurieous. I mean there was a whole fucking bowl of pink starburst! Just pink Starburst. All just waiting for me. And only me. I mean I don't think it gets better than that. Anyway.

Aside from the Starburst the plane was hell. Travis didn't want me to go. So we ended up having this whole fight about how I should stay, and how we should just finish out the trip. But when I kept saying no, and started packing, Travis decided that we would both be going.

He kept repeating that he wasn't going to let me out of his site. Mainly cause I didn't bare his mark and shit. Plus I was his mate, and his responsibility. So I gave in and told him that we would both go.

Only that was a lie. My father wanted to speak with me and me alone. And I know that Travis and I have gotten along.....REALLY well lately. I just didn't want him to come. Cause whatever is going on is between my father and I.

Taylor didn't agree. She didn't like the fact that we were lying to our mate and secretly getting on a plane while he was sleeping. And we both knew he was going to throw a hissy fit when he woke up and saw I wasn't there. But I mean its no big deal. No really anyway. I mean I'm coming back right after we met. Or so what's his face said.

Now I was walking down the dark blue wallpapered hallway towards my fathers office to figure out what my father wanted, and then to hopefully get back to my mate before he went insane. Or if I'm lucky, noticed me missing.

I may still be a little worried about my feelings for Travis. But I won't lie. I feel anxious without him. I miss him already and it hasn't even been six hours.

Pushing open the big brown office doors, I saw my father sitting in his desk chair with the city light shinning brightly behind him.

He was focusing on paper work at the moment, but once I threw the doors open, he looked up and gave me a big smile.

"Max! I'm so glade you came!" He got out of his chair, and walked towards me.

"Hey...um.....Dad. Look I'm sorry to rush this after all you've given me. But my friends don't know I've left. And I kind of want to get back to them as soon as possible." I knew my father didn't want to hear about how I have a mate. I mean if what my mother said was true. My father didn't need to think I had a werewolf mate.

"Right. Well. There is going to be a small problem there." I watched as a spark entered his eye. It was the type of spark that said that I may or may not like what was going to come out of his mouth.

"And? What seems to be the problem?" I really just wanted to get this shit over with.

"Look Max." He turned around, and headed back towards his desk. Taking a seat on the edge. "Something has come up." His tone turned into one of disappointment.

"Oh?" I crossed my arms. Looking at him dumbfounded. "What is it?"

Taking a deep breath my father looked down. Picking his words carefully. After what felt like hours but was truly just a minute, he looked up at me. Meeting my gaze with a very intense one.

"I'm your new guardian."

------------

There may or may not be a squal. I want to finish my other book first then I will think about it. But please comment if you want one or not. And I want to say thank you to all of my readers. you have all been amazing!