Spoiled brat

I watched as a smile grew on his face. "Well I am your father. I'm not going to let you go around worrying about money. I've got plenty of that. You should have fun. I mean after being in those foster homes, I think it would be good for you to get out and see the world. I'll tell you what." He leaned forwards. "I'll pay for a vacation for you and some friends ok?"

My mouth dropped. "You don't hav-"

"No." He held up his finger. "I do have to. I missed 16 years of your life. I'm not going to waste anymore. I know have money and everything. I want to spoil you. I haven't gotten to yet. So I'm doing this. I'm going to pay for a vacation for you and your friends." He stopped to think for a minute, as he looked up and thought for a second. "I'll pay for a cruise. That's what I'll do. I'll give you the alcohol package too. That way you can have some fun. In fact, why don't you invite your whole family, and some friends. I'll put you guys on one of my boats, and give you guys the suites." He said getting up from his spot, and going to his desk.

"Lets see here." He looked at his computer. "How about to Hawaii, then around Europe, and the Caribbean, then the Bahamas. Yeah. Then you can see everything. That's about a three month trip right there. Perfect for your summer!" I could see his smile from my spot. "But I have one thing to ask of you."

I was in a state of shock. So much so I could only look at him with my mouth dropped open. "You have to take the Presidential suite. Ok? That's for you. I'll even make sure to put that on room card. It has three rooms, and a kitchen, own pool, shower that is outside the ship so you can see the ocean. It's an apartment. You and your friends can stay in that one, and then the rest of your family can use the other ones." He smiled at me.

"W-W-W-W" I couldn't even speak.

"Taylor. I want to do this for you. I swear there is no tricks, or anything behind this ok. This is me spoiling my only child. I wasn't there for the first 16 years. I'm not going to miss anymore."

I saw fatherly love in his eyes. Even if I didn't believe he loved me. I mean come on I just met the guy. But from what he is doing for me and my family. I can't tell him no. And I really do want my father in my life. I mean even without the money I want him in my life.

"Are you sure that you want to do this though? I mean your giving a lot of people a free cruise. Isn't that you losing money? A lot of money?"

"I don't care about money Taylor. I have a lot of it. I don't care if I lose 20 million dollars. As long as I've got you. I don't care. And you better get used to it, cause I'm not stopping at just this."

I can't breath. I'm not used to this. No one has ever done something like this for me. It's to much.

"I just want you to have the best life Taylor. I know what it's like in foster homes. It's not fun. You've already gone through a lot of terrible things. You've seen the bad things in life. And I now it's time for you to see the good. I want you to know that life isn't just about starving, and living with 12 other kids, and sleeping on the floor. I want to show you what life can really be like. Will you please let me?"

I just met this guy, and already he's giving me more than I could ever ask for. I never thought that my life would ever be like this. I mean less than a year ago, I was sleeping on a hard wooden floor, and cleaning until my fingers bleed, and then cleaning some more. I never would have thought in a million years that I would ever be able to get adopted. Let alone go see the world. I mean this is just crazy.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I don't need all this. You could just give me a dollar to buy a gum ball and I would be fine with that. I don't need you to give me this. I mean it's nice as hell yeah. But I hope you don't think that's why I wanted to find you. I wanted to get to know my father. I don't need your money."

I watched as his smile grew bigger. And his eyes fill with complete love and admiration.

"That's the thing that I love about you. That's how I was after I came out of foster care. After getting by with so little. Anything would be nice. But I don't want you to have nice stuff. I don't want you to just get by. I want you to have the awesome stuff. And to live an amazing life. I want you to make mistakes now and learn from them. Not be responsible for everyone else, and always have to be right. I want you to start living for you. And not fro those around you." He walked over to me, and bent down to my level. "I want you to have the life that you've always dreamed of. Everything that you dreamed about in those foster homes. Everything that you thought looked fun and cool. I want you to be able to have that. I want you to have your own life. Not one that is laid out for you."

"Are you sure though?" I don't want him to give me all this stuff and take it away. I mean hell yeah I want it. And not to sound selfish or anything. But I want to know that it's mine to keep. If I'm going to try something. I want to know that whatever happens in permanent. Not just something that he can take away if he wanted to.

"I swear to you."

All I saw was truth in his eyes. (Also thanks to my werewolf hearing. I could hear that his heart rate was steady. which also proves that he isn't lying.)

"Ok."

I was surprised as he started to cry.

He gave me a big hug, and kept thanking me. But it was really I who should be thanking him.

He was going to change my life. Hopefully for the better. But I would never be able to do or have all the stuff that he was promising me without him. So really it was I who was in debt to him.