Untitled Part 54

I stood by the big glass doors. Waiting from him to come out. The guards where standing on the inside, just glaring at me. I was standing next to Cole, who had his hand on my back. Letting me know he was there for me. Which I couldn't be anymore thankful for.

I waited about 10 minutes, just staring at the guards. When I saw them both stiffen, and the door opened. And that's when he walked out.

He was wearing a nice blue suit, with a white undershirt and a blue tie. His brown hair was gelled back, and his tan face was the only skin you could see. He had brown eyes, and a medium nose. His lips were pink and full. And over all. He looked like a young CEO. Maybe mid thirty's.

He looked around, and then he looked at me.

"Taylor?" He asked.

I just nodded. I had sun glass's on. And was so happy that I did. that way he wouldn't see me cry.

He went to take a step towards me. But Cole pulled me close to him. Causing Max to move his gaze to Cole.

"Is this your boyfriend?" I could hear the distaste in his voice.

I couldn't help but laugh. Cole's face remainded serious.

"No. This is my brother. Well. Step brother to be exact."

"Ok." He moved his gaze back to me. Looking  me up and down. "Would you like to take this up to my office?"

I nodded at him. Happy that he was accepting me. Well. So far. "Sure."

I walked towards the door. Walking past Max, with Cole sticking to my side. Max held the glass door for us.

I looked to the lady and the guards and smirked an evil smile. "Why hello. Haven't I seen you before?" I asked one of the guards. As they glared back at me.

I heard a deep chuckle behind me. I turned to see Max smiling a big smile. "You've got a smart mouth." He pointed at me still laughing. I just smiled back.

---------------

After telling Cole to stay outside

After telling Cole to stay outside. I walked into my father's office. And let me tell you. It took my breath away. I couldn't believe the size of it.

I heard the door close, but I didn't feel scared.

"You like it?" Max asked me.

"You bet I do. It's huge." I stated still looking around.

"Yeah well. I need a lot of space. Even though I spend most of it at my desk. The space makes me feel less contained."

I guess I could understand that.

I walked to a couch, and sat down. Max sat across from me, and just looked at me with a smile on his face.

"You've grown a lot." He smirked at me.

Yup he was like Christian Grey from the book 50 shades of grey. he was a cocky CEO.

"I hope I grew." I tried to joke. Not wanting to show how bitchy I usually am.

"You are a beautiful young women Taylor." He leaned back against the couch he was sitting on across from me. He looked relaxed.

I wasn't about to tell him my name was Max. I mean I do like the name Taylor. And that's what he knew me by. So I let him use it.

"Thanks."  I said. Not knowing what else to say.

" Where were you? I ran into your mom 13 years ago, and she said that she lost you." His face went into one of confussion.

I like him. Straight to the point.

"um."Should I tell him? I mean there's no reason not to tell him. "Pat. Well, Selena put me in foster care."

"WHAT!?"

Well that made him made.

"Why? Why would she do that?"

I didn't want to let him know that I knew what my mother was, in case he decided to go crazy.

"I don't know. But then she got a job as my social worker. And yeah."

I could see the anger still in his eyes. "Who adopted you?"

"No one. I was in their for almost 16 years."

He growled. "She put in foster care for 16 years!?"

I nodded.

"Did anything happen to you?"

I put my head down, and played with my fingers. Not wanting to answer that.

"Oh my god. Taylor. I'm so sorry. I didn't know. Had I known, I wouldn't have let her do that to you. I know exactly how those place's work. I was in one myself until I was 18."

I looked up at this. Not believing that this man. This man that has all this was a foster child.

" I know it's hard to believe but I was. And I hated every second of it." He wasn't looking at me. It was as if he was having flash backs.

"So how are you here now? You said your mother told you about me?" He look interested at this..

"She adopted me 6 months ago. And just recently I found out that she was my birth mother. Then I asked about you. And she told me where to find you. So here I am." I stated letting out a little laugh.

He smiled at me. Looking back and forth between my eyes. "Yes you are. And you look so much like your mother." He smiled at the mention of her. "How is she doing now with that new husband of hers? Oh what's his name?" He looked down to the side thinking.

"Ben." I said trying to help him out.

"Yes. Ben. How is he?"

I was surprised when I didn't see any anger or negative emotion at the mention of my mother being remarried. "Um. I guess he's good. I don't really talk to him."

"Why? Is he mean to you?" This time I saw a hint of anger.

"NO! NO! That's not it at all. It's just we don't talk much. He is always working, and with me being in school all the time and that stuff. You know it's a big or deal." I rolled my eyes at it. Trying to show that it was just crazy.

"Well now that its summer. You don't have to worry about school at least." He smiled as he relaxed again. Spreading his arms over the couch.

Was it summer? Had I really missed that much of school?

"True. But I'm probably going to get a job. And make some money you know." I stated. Trying to think of something that most kids do during the summer.

"Their well off. You don't need a job. And I mean with me as your father you don't need to worry about money at all."

"Yeah. Well I-" His words sunk into me. "Wait what?"