2: ANNABETH

• Dedicated to our awesome friends at school <3

CH 2- ANNABETH

Annabeth was worried.

She and Percy had just spent their first night back from Tartarus, but nothing bad had yet occurred since their return. She had expected something terrible to go wrong right away, but the worse that had happened was sending Hedge, Nico, and Reyna off to Camp Half-Blood to stop a war between the Greeks and the Romans. 

When Annabeth first woke up, it was still dark outside.  She momentarily forgot where she was. Then she remembered: her room in the Argo 2. It felt so good to finally sleep in her own bed, not having to worry about being attacked every five seconds by monsters, or worrying that your boyfriend would get possessed. Still, that fact that she hadn't had any nightmares yet, or that the ship hadn't been attacked, made her feel worried all over again. everything was just too normal. And normal wasn't something you experienced often as a demigod.

Then again, maybe that fact that she was worrying about nothing made it something to worry about. Ugh, why does everything have to be so complicated? she thought. Annabeth had a feeling that she wouldn't fall asleep for awhile.

Really? Well then, I'd be glad to help you overcome your insomnia.

"Gaea." The sleepy face of the goddess that she knew all too well appeared on her door.

Annabeth jumped out bed and grabbed her sword that lay on her nightstand. Unfortunately, she knew that no sword could defeat Gaea. After all the monsters she'd ever faced, the one that scared her most was Gaea. Because that's what Gaea was: a monster.

You thought that I would cut you some slack in Tartarus, didn't you? I did, only because I needed you to get out. I prefer you and the son of Poseidon as my sacrifices. Without me, you would have never made it out.

Annabeth felt like speaking, but her voice wouldn't work. No sound came out of her mouth. She knew it must be the power of Gaea.

I know you plan of defeating me. but that is impossible. You shall be sacrificed either way.  The reinforcements you sent to camp will do nothing.  There will be bloodshed between Romans and Greeks, and everything you have ever known will perish.  If you come to me willingly, not only will I spare your friends, but I will also spare your little camp.

"We'll never surrender," she managed, "we don't need your help."

Across the hallway outside of her room, she heard voices. That's where Percy's room was. She had a feeling Gaea was giving the same speech to him. She wondered if it was the same thing for the other seven demigods.

No, dear Annabeth. this is a special talk only between us three. Except what you're seeing and hearing is different from what our dear friend Percy is.

In front of annabeth appeared a scene in the mist, as if she was doing an iris-message. What she saw made her want to faint.

Percy was lying on the ground, motionless. Blood was pouring out of his chest, making a pool of red liquid on the ground. She tried to believe the image she was seeing wasn't real, but it still sent shivers up her spine.

"Percy... What did you do to him?"

Gaea laughed a creepy kind of laugh.

Surrender, and I'll heal him.

"Never."

Then he will die a painful death. I will use the blood that he is now shedding to wake me. All that i'll need after that is yours.

"Then why don't you just do it? What are you waiting for?"

 Annabeth started to feel sleepy all of a sudden, as if something was draining the life out of her. Gaea laughed with her lips closed, always closed...

Why Annabeth, we've barely begun having any fun yet. Besides, we haven't even gotten to the big surprise.

big surprise?

"w-what do you mean?" She pinched herself to stay conscious.

If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise any more, now would it? Anywho, before I arrived, weren't you complaining about not being able to fall asleep? Wish granted. Because I now have so much in store for you. Sweet dreams, daughter of Athena.

And with that, Annabeth collapsed and drifted into a never-ending sleep.

So, how was that for my first fanfiction chapter? I must say, i'm quite proud of it.

To anyone that doesn't know, Rachel and I are both writing this. The P.O.V.s are: Piper, Annabeth, Leo, and Frank. Not always in that order. We'll try do update regularly. Please comment, vote, and all that jazz. Thanks for reading!

~Tess