9: PIPER

CH 9-PIPER

 As Leo opened the door, Piper paled.

It was her.

The girl Piper had seen in her dagger. 

Piper didn't have time to think since the girl made a beeline for Jason, thrusting her two leather bags at Frank who caught them without a flinch.

"Hi!" The girl said smilingly to Jason, laying an arm on his broad shoulder. "Oh my Gods, Jason. Your ship is awesome!"

"Um," Jason said, looking at the girl as if dazed. "Yeah. But Leo here designed it. You should thank him."

The girl looked at Leo and wrinkled her nose, as if Leo wasn't worth her attention. Piper bristled. 

"I'm so glad to be here!" The girl cooed, looking around. Piper stiffened, deciding it was time to intervene. She cleared her throat. The girl turned around. A strange expression crossed her refined features, but in a minute it was replaced by a cocky smile.

"Hey!" 

"Hi," Piper said frostily. "I'm Piper."

"El!" The girl answered.

"El? Is that short for something?" Frank pounced.

The girl - El - looked blank. Then, she smiled again. "Yeah."

"So why are you here?" Hazel inquired.

"On vacation, of course!" El chirped. 

"Who sent you?" Piper asked quickly.

"Chiron." El looked honest and solid. "I'm a new demigod at Camp, and my mom is Aphrodite."

Piper choked on her PB&J sandwich. "Excuse ME??"

"Yeah!" El's voice was light and friendly. "Who's your godly parent?"

"Aphrodite, too," Piper blurted out before she could stop herself.

"Ohh! We're sister's then!" El chirruped, draping an arm over Piper's shoulder which Piper immediately shook off. "Well, anyway. Can someone show me my cabin? I desperately need a shower." She smiled around. Then, she noticed Percy. "Would you?" she asked.

"Okay." Percy heaved himself off his chair. "We can give her Coach Hedge's old cabin."

"Who?" El asked, still annoyingly smiling.

"Long story," Leo said quickly.

"How did you get here?" Hazel insisted. 

"By pegasus!" El said as if it was obvious. "Her name is Andromeda, and I let her to wander if that's fine with you."

"Uh, yeah," Jason said quickly. Piper glared at him, as El pranced out of the room with Percy behind her.

Before Piper could say a word to Jason, he glanced at his watch. "It's mine and Leo's shift. Let's go!"

"I'll come with you," Frank chimed in.

"Sure." Jason headed out quickly.

Piper turned to Hazel, who looked calm and poised.

"What do you think?" Hazel asked Piper.

Piper wiped her clammy hands on her jeans. "I don't trust her."

"Neither do I," Hazel admitted. "But what can we do? All the guys are like in love." She rolled her eyes.

"I know." Piper gritted her teeth. "For all we know, she was sent by Gaea."

Hazel sighed. "Let's get down there."

The two girls walked over to Coach Hedge's old cabin, and Piper banged on the door. El opened it, and smiled jovially when she saw them.