41: PIPER

CH 41- PIPER

Before she knew what she was doing, Piper's hand slashed through the Iris-Message vision, and she collapsed to the ground.

Already weak from her previous near-encounter with death, she sobbed. This was so much more painful than her overinhalation of nectar.

"Hey, it's okay," Helen said and hugged Piper.

"No, it's not!" Piper cried. "It's not okay, Helen! My boyfriend was kissing another girl!"

"I know, but that's what I'm meant to say, right?"

Piper wiped her nose on her sleeve, and kept on sobbing.

"Ew," Helen said, wrinkling her nose. "Here's a kleenex." She handed Piper a packet of Kleenex. Piper blew her nose, and tossed the Kleenex away, not caring where it went.

"I can't believe she did this to me," Piper said with another sniffle. "I saved her freaking life, and this is how she repays me?"

"I know." Helen hugged Piper tightly. "She's evil, Pipes."

"I hate her!" Piper was now, suddenly angry. "I hate her so much, you can't believe. She's never done anything for me, except for ruining my life!

"C'mon." Helen sprung to her feet, and pulled Piper up with her. "Let's go eat some ice cream. And no offense, but you look terrible, so fix yourself up, kay?"

 "Hey girls!" Frank yelled. "I don't know about you guys, but I could use a little help with this ship." As he uttered this words, the ship suddenly shot up to the sky, and just as fast splashed back onto the sea. The entire top deck was suddenly flooded in water, and Piper's was drenched.

"Oops," Frank said as if he'd just made a mistake in a maths question. "Guess that was the wrong button."

"Guess," Piper grumbled as she and Helen got to their feet. "Just wait for Leo to get back, and he'll take us to Varkiza."

"Yeah, here's the thing," Frank said with the air of someone who is bringing bad news. "Well, he kind of IM'ed me while you girls were over there... and we're kind of supposed to bring the ship to Varkiza."

Piper clutched Helen's arm. "Tell me he did not just say that."

"He did just say that," her friend responded apologetically. "Okay Frank, don't touch anything. We're going to change and be right back."

Once in her cabin, Piper staggered, fully clothed, into the hot shower. The thought of Jason swum into her mind but she pushed it away, soaking up the hot water. After a few minutes, she stumbled into her room, and slipped out of her wet clothes, leaving them on a pile on the floor. She grabbed her olive-green cargo pants and a simple white tee-shirt, and braided her hair with feathers expertly.

She was about to exit the room when -

"Wait."

Piper spun around. "Mom?" She felt relieved: if anyone could give her advice on her love life, it was her mother.

"In person." Aphrodite smiled. She looked extra stunning and somewhat familiar today: her skin was slightly tan, she had long dark hair up in an elaborate braided hairdo, and dark, soulful eyes. She wore a pair of tight fitting pants, and a flowing silk blouse, and her smile showed off perfectly straight, white teeth.

"Mom... what did I do wrong?" Piper's voice broke.

Aphrodite's smile seemed to melt off her beautiful face. "I..."

Then Piper's mother moved forwards and hugged her. It felt awkward, but strangely right. Piper inhaled the scent of a soft smelling perfume. After a while, Aphrodite moved back.