52: PERCY

CH 52 -PERCY

With the final battle coming so soon, Percy thought he would be nervous. But he just wasn't; strangely enough, he felt excited. Pumped. However you want to put it, Percy was ready to fight.

The Hunters had done a great job cleaning him up. Phoebe had even managed a small smile upon seeing him. As long as he didn't think about his failure, and Helen, he felt better than he had in days. Especially now that the whole group was reunited. It's strange what a change of clothes, a haircut, some food, and a family/friend reunion could do to you. Not to mention a newly healed arm.

Percy rejoiced upon seeing all his old friends. His mood improved considerably then. Even the Romans seemed happy to see him.

"We're glad you're not dead," a lot of them said.

"Yeah, me too," he would respond with a grin. "Ready to win against the giants?"

"I am," said Nico, giving Percy a small smile, clasped him on the shoulder, and joined Will Solace, an Apollo kid. Percy was glad he and Nico were on good terms now.

"Peeeeercy," comes a voice that he knew all too well: his best friend's, Grover. He gave him a man-hug, trying hard not to get teary-eyed.

"I missed you, G-man," Percy said. "I can't believe you're actually here."

"Pretty much got over my fear of underground on our last Labyrinth quest," Grover bleated. "And you wouldn't believe the places I visited when I was looking for you." He hadn't changed much since the last time Percy had seen him in person, which had been about a year ago. Only a year? Percy thought.

"You're best friend is a faun?" Frank said, still not quite over it.

"Says the guy who sleeps as a bulldog," Percy countered.

They burned Helen's shroud, right then and there. Piper had stopped crying, but was still clutching Katopris dearly to her chest. Obviously, all the demigods hadn't known her, but as they paid a tribute to her, they all remained respectfully silent and prayed to the gods.

Then all the head counselors and senators gathered for a war counsel/senate meeting: Reyna was there, as well as Thalia, Dakota, Gwen, Clarisse, Will, Nico, Katie, the Stolls, Pollux, Butch, Lou Ellen, and Clovis, who had already fallen asleep. All that was missing was the Cheez Whiz. And Rachel, she she had apparently been getting these bad visions and had decided to stay back.

The Seven exchanged stories, starting from when Percy had left his friends to go to the Acropolis on his own.

"Look guys, I'm really sorry. I - I was really stupid," Percy apologized.

"You mean, more than usual?" said Annabeth playfully.

But in the end, all his friends had accepted his apology. "It's all right, bro. Would've done the same," said Jason.

Percy was glad Annabeth hadn't been too hard on him. He had half-expected her to judo-flip him after finding out about his sacrifice for her. Instead, she had taken on Icarus basically on her own, while he had stared at her in awe the whole time. Could you blame him?

"So. The Plan. What is it?" asked Percy. "Other than killing Gaea, of course."

"To kill Gaea, we have to find her first," Frank said.

"Really?" said Leo with mock amazement. "I didn't know!"

"And to get to her, we have to kill Icarus," Jason said slowly, ignoring him. "What did you guys find when you looked around?" he asked Percy and Annabeth.