11: LEO

CH 11-LEO

Leo really wanted some time alone, and he finally had some.

He knew he was a social person, blah blah blah, that his friends were amazing, blah blah blah, but what he wanted most of all was to learn more about Calypso.

Percy had called Calypso his girlfriend. But Leo wasn't ready to give her that name yet- Calypso was more like Leo's crush.

Now, early in the morning, nobody was around. Leo opened his new laptop, still bleary eyed. He clicked on Calypso's file but accidentally clicked on Helen of Troy's.

"Damn," He grunted, as the file opened. He was about to close it but then did a double take.

There was a picture next to the heading, "Helen of Troy". A picture of a breathtakingly beautiful girl with smooth waves of hair the color of Celestial bronze and deep blue eyes. The naughty but nice expression was familiar to Leo and besides it was a nickname. 

El.

Leo wondered if Hera had made a mistake. Was El Helen of Troy? No. Helen had been dead for years, and now that the Doors were closed, Helen couldn't escape. No.

He scrolled down to the bottom of the page. There was a death date, then another birth date. Words began to be typed in and Leo yelped. 

Helen of Troy badly wanted her dagger back. The godess Gaea promised it to her in exchange of a favor. A favor to spy apon seven demigods. Helen has already put the Son of Poseidon to sleep. And-

Leo jumped up, pulled on his jeans and ran into Annabeth's room. Annabeth lay, motionless of the bed and Percy was draped the same way on a leather recliner.

Leo cursed in Ancient Greek and ran back to his room. Words were still being typed in.

And then, Helen had poured poison into the breakfast of the others. They all died, unless Leo intervenes.

Underneath, in a different font was being typed;

Run quickly, mi bebito Leo. Otherwise it will be too late. -TC

TC... Tia Callida. Leo sprinted to the mess hall just in time to see Piper raise a mug of coffee to her lips.

"NO!" he screamed. Piper's coffee clattered to the ground and 

 she yelped. "Gods, Leo. What was that for?"

Leo breathed heavily, avoiding the question. "Don't eat anything."

"Sorry, but I'm hungry," Frank said.

"She poisoned it." Leo looked at El-oops, Helen-who was glaring at him, her eyes narrowed. 

"Who? Leo, you're not making any sense," Piper said.

Leo stared at the brown coffee stain that seeped across the carpet. "Helen."

"Leo, there is no one named Helen on this ship!" Hazel said exasperatedly.

"Hey, man- you feeling okay?" Jason asked, concerned.

"I'm fine," snapped Leo. He looked at Helen, who was looking at him with the whisper of a smirk across her face 

"I don't know what you're talking about," Helen said sweetly. Even in a pair of grey sweat pants and a simple white tee, she looked beautiful and stunning. Her deep blue eyes were mesmerizing. A lock of bronze colored hair fell into her face, lightly brushing her soft cream-colored skin. She winked at Leo and he felt weak at the knees, the desire to forget flowing over him.

Don't let your guard down. He thought wildly, fighting to break the spell. He stood, feeling strong, thinking hard of Calypso. Calypso was so much more beautiful than Helen. Helen's expression said, 'I'm gorgeous and I know it.' Calypso, on the other hand had a more delicate, inner beauty. Her features, not as adorable as Helen's were scarred but besides that she remained beautiful.

Beautiful. Not pretty, like Helen.

Leo grabbed a hammer out of his tool belt. Hazel drew her spatha and Piper took out her -formerly Helen's- dagger. Helen's eyes narrowed as she saw it, but she didn't lunge.

"We know who you are," snarled Leo. "And your tricks aren't going to work on us."

"No?" Helen giggled, looking bemused. 

"I knew something was wrong," growled Piper. "You wanted Jason, didn't you? You're no demigod. You're Helen of Troy. Admit it."

Helen's cool exterior dropped for a moment as the power of Piper's charmspeak rolled over her, but then she composed herself.

"Helen." Hazel spoke quietly. "Tell the truth."

Frank and Jason sat, bemused, as if watching the climax of a very interesting movie. 

Helen sighed, playing with the hem of her chocolate colored cardigan. "I'm Helen of Troy," she said, a nasty smile spreading across her refined features. 

"What do you want from us?" Piper asked.

"I have no interest in your puny boyfriend. Or yours," Helen added for Hazel. At this, both of the boys drew their weapons. "I have only come to take what is mine."

Leo saw that Helen was looking at Piper's dagger. Piper seemed to realize this too, for she swallowed uneasily.

"Give it here," Helen said and Leo realized how royal and imposing she looked.

Helen looked like a queen. 

"No," Piper said bravely. 

Helen lunged at Piper holding onto the dagger. Piper shrieked shrilly, grabbing it back. Hazel intervened, but it was too late. Piper lay motionless on the floor and Helen stood, miraculously, her bronze hair still perfectly styled and triumphantly clutching the dagger. 

Helen slashed at the air greedily. "Katoptris," she cooed.

"Pipes!" Jason rushed to Piper's side. "What did you do?" He yelled. Lightning crackled.

Helen ignored the question. She looked around, still grasping the dagger. Then, she darted around Leo, and stood in the doorway, breaking heavily. 

"You aren't used to losing." Helen blew them a kiss. "But you'll never catch me."

Then, she ran out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

Ahhh. Done with that. Sorry for the wait, I was busy with volunteer work, blah blah blah. Please check out Tess' book, Shattered Glass! It would mean a lot to both of us! Thank you if you do!

Expect the next update by next Friday. Frank's POV :)

Thanks for reading!

Rachel out ~