36: PERCY

CH 36- PERCY

Percy's eyes shot open as soon as he surged from the water, his own element that he could no longer control. He didn't want to wake up, though. He wished he could just sleep till the war was over. Then wake up and be all like, "Hey! What'd I miss?"

Still, his vision was blurry as he had not yet recovered from near suffocation and life changing news. The person that had pulled him up kept muttering, "Oh gods, oh gods..." He felt himself being dragged onto sand. Then a warm liquid was poured into his mouth. As usual, the nectar tasted like the chocolate chip cookies him mom used to make.

Wow, when was the last time he'd spoken to his mom? And Paul? It felt like eternity. He felt bad for not having contacted them recently. They must've been worried sick. Percy then promised himself the second he would get back on the Argo 2, he would Iris-Message them.

Someone was shaking his shoulders. "Percy, please.. Wake up. I'm sorry, I know that wasn't you talking," said a feminine voice. Hazel.

Percy hauled himself up. He scratched his head groggily as his vision began to clear. "Hazel?" She was kneeling next to him, looking as worried as ever.

Hazel sighed in relief. "Oh, thank the gods!" she said and she hugged him. "Good thing Arion spotted you, or we wouldn't never been able to find you!"

Arion was behind her, staring at Percy. I know, I know, I'm fabulous. No need to thank me, he said in Percy's mind.

"Yeah, sure Arion," Percy said, rolling his eyes.

"What?" Hazel asked.

"Nothing."

There was only a few seconds of awkwardness.

Hazel took a shaky breath. "I'm so sorry, Percy, I know you didn't mean what you said. I hope you can forgive me."

Percy looked at her in shock. "Forgive you? I'm the one who should be asking for forgiveness! After all those horrible things I said-"

"We both know that wasn't you. It was-"

"Gaea," they said at the same time.

Again, they sat in silence.

"What happened to you?" Hazel finally said, addressing to his shirt which was convered in dried blood.

"Well, I kinda got stabbed in the back," he answered, but before Hazel could start freaking out, he added, "but I fell into the ocean and got healed!"

"But when Arion and I came for you, you had almost blacked out," Hazel said.

"Um yeah, about that..." Percy trailed off.

Percy didn't know how to tell Hazel about Nico. He himself was still having a hard time registering it. At the same time, it surprised him, but it also didn't surprise him. He'd always assumed Nico had a crush on Annabeth was bitter towards Percy because he was jealous. Now... Now he knew it was really the other was around. In a way, he was kind of flattered; there were sure a lot of people that liked him, but he still couldn't understand why. He was just... Percy. He was demigod doing a demigod's job, and that was it. He wasn't perfect, or lovable. He certainly wasn't an expert in romance. Heck, he still had trouble figuring out his relationship with Annabeth.

But, one thing he knew for sure was that the next time he would see Nico, he wouldn't look at him differently. After all, he was the same person he'd always been, right?

"Hazel..." Percy started. "When I was down there, Gaea pulled me into the sea floor. I wasn't able to control the water or breathe. I think my powers have been removed too."