5: PIPER

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην Chezzersm

CH 5-PIPER

Piper's friends reacted badly.

"What?" Jason said.

"She was lying on her bed," Piper choked. "Just lying there. And then, when I... I went up to her and shook her, and... and, she didn't answer. And then I felt her pulse and... it was gone."

Jason reached over, engulfing Piper in his warm arms. It would've been comforting, except that she was still annoyed at him. She shook his arms off her, relishing the hurt etched in to his face.

Ha. Have a taste of your own medicine.

"It can't be," Hazel said, tugging at one of her curls.

"It is," Piper stated.

Then Percy was the first to move. He slammed the chair back to the table and sprinted out of the room. Frank, Hazel, and Jason followed suit.

Piper's head drooped on to the table, her mind muffled from sobbing. All she heard was a dark, evil voice.

"Do not fear, daughter of Aphrodite," the voice said. The speaker was faceless woman in a dark brown churning robe. She was bare-footed and her hair was braided down the side-very much like Piper's own hair.

"Gaea." Piper spat, rage coursing through every inch of her body. "What did you do to her?"

Gaea smiled dreamily, her brown cloak billowing freely around her. Piper only just realized that they were in a forest.

"I just put her in a temporary freeze. She will wake up," Gaea stated. "But that's not important, dear Piper."

"I'm not your dear anything," Piper seethed. Part of her wanted to pummel this lady to her death. The other part wanted to hear what Gaea had to say.

"I have a message for you," Gaea said, the wind tugging at her dirt-colored hair.

"How interesting," Piper sarcastically responded.

"The Wanted one is close, daughter of Aphrodite. And she wants something you have. Very badly. She will do anything to get it," Gaea announced, as if in a reverie.

Piper felt a spark of fear course through her body. She thought of the vision she had had earlier in her dagger; the beautiful girl with a naughty-but-nice expression, holding out her hand for Piper to give her something...

What if that something was Jason?

Piper had lost enough. She couldn't lose him too.

"You guess right, my dear," Gaea confirmed. "Until then... sweet dreams."

And Piper felt herself falling on to the wooden floor.

***

When Piper woke up, she was lying down. 

She opened her eyes with difficulty, and her first thought was "I'm in my cabin."

Her second thought was ANNABETH.

Throwing the bedcovers off her body, she leapt out of bed then felt a little woozy. 

"Woah," someone laughed as Piper swiveled on herself, trying to steady her body. "Take it easy."

Jason grabbed her, wrapping his steady arms around her and easing her on to the plush armchair. "You okay?"

Piper nodded, looking away from him.

"Piper?" he asked gently. "Are you still mad? You know, I'm really sorry for what I did yesterday, I was just worried about the message Mercury had given me."

Piper looked fixedly at the ceiling.

"Pipes?" Jason said gently. 

Piper found herself melting. Jason was just so sweet and perfect that she couldn't stay mad at him.

"Fine." she relented, hugging him. 

Jason smiled, stroking her hair. "Thanks, and I'm sorry."

"Don't be." She kissed his cheek. "How's Annabeth?"

Jason's face fell, and he sat down on the chair next to Piper's. "Not too great. She hasn't moved, at all. Percy's feeling horrible."

"It's okay," Piper said evenly. "I had this dream vision..." Piper told Jason about her vision, and she saw his face lightening, some worries melting off his face. 

"That's great!" he cried. "I'll go tell Percy!" He sprinted out of the cabin, leaving Piper alone again.

Piper stared at her dagger, thinking of the vision she'd seen in it yesterday. She shivered as she remembered. 

The girl in it must've been sixteen or seventeen. She had gleaming hair the color of Celestial bronze and piercing dark blue eyes. She had been wearing a Kate Spade beach dress and Havaianas flip-flops and Prada sun glasses. She looked, and dressed exactly like Drew, back from the Aphrodite cabin.

God, Piper hated Drew.

The thing that scared Piper the most was how the girl had held out her slim hand, her polished fingernails digging into Piper's arm, the hungry expression etched on to her elegant features. 

Piper honestly hoped the dagger was lying.

"Is it true?" Two, three people barged into Piper's cabin, interrupting her train of thoughts.

"Is what true?" Piper asked, still dazed.

"Is it true?" Percy demanded, looking furiously angry and deadly calm at the same time.

"Percy," Hazel said gently. "Gaea visited her dreams, and she's been through a lot."

"I'm sorry," Percy said thickly. It was amazing how Hazel could be such a calming influence.

Hazel walked over to Piper, laying a hand on Piper's arm. 

"Piper, this is important," Hazel said, seriously. 

"I know," Piper answered calmly. "And, Annabeth is not dead. She is very much alive."

Percy's features immediately slackened, and he slumped against the wall. "Thank the Gods," he murmured.

Jason grinned at Piper, and she smiled weakly back.

Hazel looked around her. "Who wants breakfast?" she asked.

"If you guys don't mind," Percy said, "I'll eat my breakfast in Annabeth's cabin with her."

"Of course we don't mind," Hazel answered quietly.

"Okay. Thank you." Percy's face was still tight with grief. "I'll see you all later."

And Percy walked out of Piper's cabin, the door slamming behind him.

"He'll be okay," Hazel said, not sounding sure.

"I hope so." Piper got up, and found she could walk quite easily. Gaea had been messing with her.

She felt a surge of uncontrollable anger towards Gaea. Who did she think she was, messing with Piper and her friends? 

Gaea had to go down.

Okay, Piper chapter done! Sorry it was short! Haha, and I'm also glad Annabeth isn't dead :)xx

We'd really like to thank everyone who has previously voted or commented on our book. It really means very much to us, and we're very grateful to you.

If anyone knows any good Blood of Olympus fanfics, or would like us to read theirs, feel free to comment!

Bye!

-Rachel

XOXO

p.s. this chapter is dedicated to Chezzersm, 'cause she was the first to comment on our fanfic.