19: PERCY

CH 19-PERCY

Percy never thought he would be glad to see the wine dude.

If Percy had it his way, he would've chosen to meet up with Mr. D after the Giant war, when he was back at Camp Half-Blood, safe sound. But taken the current circumstances, any god was better than no god.

As soon as Frank visited him and Annabeth for the second time, in dolphin form (what was up with that?), Percy knew it had to be for something important.

Or in this case, someone important.

Percy was partially relieved, for spending a good half-hour in a giant bubble with an angry girlfriend who was ready to give you a second black eye wasn't exactly what you call... fun.

Using a blast of water to shoot the demigods up, Percy managed to get them to the ship in a matter of seconds. A god only had so much patience (much less the wine god).

"He's in the mess hall," Frank said, shaking off the salt water like he was a shaggy dog.

Percy nodded in response, and dragged Annabeth along with him.

They found Dionysus, whose shirt was as loud as ever, busy stuffing some tacos in his mouth while the other demigods watched in awe, particularly Piper, who seemed overwhelmed by the situation, and Leo who was busy making a dozen more tacos.

"Mr. D! Long time no see," Percy said with fake enthusiasm, hoping he would recognize him, even though he had a feeling he wouldn't.

"Ah, Perry Johansson! There you are." Crumbs flew from the god's mouth and Percy had to try brushing them off discretely.

"Percy Jackson, sir, but I thought you were used to calling me Peter Johnson."

"No difference to me, they're all the same! And you, Polly McDonald, get me a new glass of wine, and make sure Lucas Valers has another tray of tacos ready for tasting!"

Piper grabbed the empty fancy glass. "Yes sir, of course, sir," and scurried off to the kitchen.

Percy thought he hadn't heard correctly. "Wine? Didn't Zeus ban you from drinking for another hundred years or something?"

Dionysus waved his hand dismissively. "Zeus cut off a few years, said I had done a good job taking care of you brats at Camp, blah dih blah blah, but who cares? The good thing is that wine has been brought back to me!"

I'm not sure that's a good thing, Percy thought, but didn't dare say out loud.

"So!" the god exclaimed, licking his fingers, "Where's Annie Bell?"

Annabeth had been so quiet Percy almost forgot she was there. Her eyes darted around the room as if searching for an escape. She raised her arm shakily and pointed at Dionysus. "It's... it's the wine dude."

Percy cringed, expecting Mr. D to blast his girlfriend into a mound of grapes or turn her into a dolphin or something.

And he almost did.

Dionysus stopped eating abruptly. His eyes flashed a dangerous shade of purple as he glared at Annabeth. Percy could feel her tensing. "When that blasted horse Jackblack called me that horrendous name, I promised myself the next person I heard calling me 'the wine dude' would suffer eternal damnation. Consider yourself lucky, Annie Bell Chance, for the only reason I am here today is to heal you. Next time, however, you won't be so fortunate." (A/N see what I did there? :D)

Annabeth gulped.

The room was so quiet, everyone jumped when Piper and Leo came back in with the wine glass and the tray full of tacos. "A dozen more tacos prepared by Chef Leo, yours truly, are ready to be served!"