4: FRANK

• Dedicated to Rachel, for being good and naughty ;)

CH 4- FRANK

For the first time in his life, Frank felt bad for Leo.

Sure, he was still keeping the secret of where he ended up after Khione’s attack from the rest of the seven, but it had at least changed him, in a way that he was o longer making fun of frank.

Or maybe it was just the fact of his new appearance that had finally made him shut up. After all, Frank was now the praetor of new Rome. Or as soon as he got back, anyways. If I get back, he thought.

The biggest challenge was yet to come: sailing of to the original Mount Olympus in Olympia, Greece, defeating Gaea and her minions, and stop a war between camp Jupiter and camp Half-Blood.

Maybe fourteen days wasn’t enough.

Everyone stared at the spot Mercury disappeared. After a long silence, Leo turned towards them. Frank expected him to crack a smile, as he always did, but all he saw was sadness and loss in Leo's eyes.

He was starting to miss the old Leo. But that Leo was long gone. Frank felt as is he lost a best friend, even though he and Leo had never been on good terms. The tension between them had broken and he finally started to leave Hazel alone. somehow, that did not make him feel better.

"i'll be in the engine room," Leo murmured. on his way down, he tripped on the stairs, slammed into the door, and slipped on grease, all while muttering curses.

"Something is wrong with him," Jason said.

Piper glared at him. "And it's the first time you've noticed? (A/N I felt like putting "bad child" here, but thought better of it. it doesn't seem like something Piper would say.) Ever since Khione's attack, he's been different. I bet it's got something to do about where Khione sent him."

"Ogygia." Percy whispered. Frank didn't think that was meant for everyone to hear, but they did anyways.

"OH-GEE-GEE-AH," Hazel repeated. "didn't Hermes mention that?"

Piper fidgeted with the feathers in her small braids. "I've heard it too. maybe from a story at camp..."

Percy looked nervous. "Um... yeah. i'll fill you guys in later. I think I should go talk to Leo first about it, if you don't mind."

"Why don't we host a meeting in twenty minutes then?" Frank suggested. "I feel there's a lot of things we need to talk about. and we can eat breakfast at the same time." Everyone nodded in agreement, and they all sent off in their separate ways.

 Everyone milled away except for Jason who stood alone, still obviously stunned.

 Frank didn't mean to eavesdrop on his and Piper's short exchange later on. But he couldn't help hearing.                                            

 Jason," Piper said calmly. "Don't worry okay? It's going to be fine."

Jason didn't answer and when Piper reached out to take his hand, he pushed away.

"Need to be alone," he muttered distractedly.

"Jason!" Piper cried, but Jason was already pushing past her, mumbling distracted apologies that made no sense to Frank. Frank flattened his now muscular body against the wall as Jason walked by in a frenzied trance.

Next Piper pushed by Frank, and Frank almost gaped. Her usually light brown full cheeks were splotchy with tears her her eyes were red-rimmed. Obviously fighting tears, Piper pushed by Frank, not even glancing in his direction.

The only person he felt like seeing now was Hazel, so he headed there, having nothing else to do. He  wondered what he might be able to do to help his friends.