Cold Shoulder (Nico di Angelo)

Requested by nicoshadow I am so sorry for the late update, but I'm the queen of procrastination...

You smiled, opening the door to cabin thirteen and skipping inside. "Nicoooo today is the day we do our planssss!"

Nico looks away from the ceiling at you and raises his eyebrows quizzically. "Plans? What plans?"

"You're joking." You state, almost tripping over your feet as you hault. "You forgot didn't you?"

"No..." He states, sitting up and turning to face you. "I just... Ah.. I didn't listen the first time?"

"That's no better!" You say, leaning on the door. "I can't believe you forgot."

"No! (Y/N), I swear!" You roll your eyes, spin on your heel and walk out with your arms crossed. Nico forgot about the both of you planning on going for a picnic on the beach - most likely because it's not like him to go on picnics but you weren't really thinking about that.

All you were worried about was giving him the cold shoulder. There was no way you were going to talk to him today.

"(Y/N), wait I'll make it up to you!" Nico says, following you out the door and you don't respond, continuing walking toward the beach. You'd just eat the snacks without him.

"Are you ignoring me?" He asks and you walk past Leo, grabbing his arm. He almost falls backward but you pull him into your side and turn to Nico.

"Leo, best-friend, please tell Nico that if a boyfriend forgets about plans with his girlfriend that they will ignore him." You say, looking up at Leo. Nico's jaw drops and he looks to Leo.

"Are you seriously going to believe that?" He asks and Leo's mouth forms an 'o'.

"You forgot about the picnic didn't you?" Leo asks and Nico squints at him.

"You remembered?" He questions.

You smile at Leo. "Since you remembered you can go on the picnic with me Leo! I won't be able to eat all those snacks by myself."

"Uh," Leo answers and looks to Nico who glares at him. "You know, I'd rather not get between you and Ghost Boy's relationship..."

"Of course you would!" You say, slipping your hand into him and dragging him toward the beach.

"You can't ignore me forever (Y/N)!" Nico shouts after the two of you.

"She ignored me for a month for forgetting about her (favorite food) at the dining pavilion! Don't doubt her!" Leo shouts make and you smirk.

"You don't have to stay at the picnic with me Leo, you know that right?" You say and Leo looks down at you like you're insane.

"And miss out on free food? I don't think so!" Leo pulls you in for a side hug, smiling down at you.

"I just can't believe he forgot, you know?" You mutter, looking at your shoes.

"Ah, I wouldn't worry about it (Y/N), Nico will do something for your forgiveness."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1 of Cold Shoulder

You wake up, stretching your arms above your head. Yawning, you look over to see a rose laying on the pillow next to you. Raising your eyebrows, you pick up the delicate flower and pull the paper from it, reading what it says.

(Y/N), I'm sorry for forgetting about our picnic, I am. I have a lot going on down in the Underworld and it slipped my mind. I love you. Forgive me?

You smile despite yourself and lay it back down, standing, careful not to crush it with the blankets. You shake your head, smirking.

Gotta do better than that di Angelo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2 of Cold Shoulder

You raise up the bow, pulling back the string, aiming with the end of the arrow.

"(Y/N)!" Nico's voice shouts. "I'm sorry!" He runs up to you. His face red. He must've been searching for you all over camp.

You shoot the arrow and lay down the bow, turning and walking away like he didn't say anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 3 of Cold Shoulder

Piper smiles at you, walking up to you with a box in her hand. "Nico wanted me to give this to you, (Y/N). He says he's sorry." She hands you the box and smiling, spins on her heel and walks away.

Confusion present on your face, you open the box to see Nico's jacket inside, a piece of paper sticking out the pocket. Holding the box to your side with your elbow and unfolding the jacket, you pull it out.

I know you like cuddling and I figure this is as close as I'll get right now...

You grin. Maybe you need to ignore him more often...

Again, I'm so sorry it's late. :/ I'm a horrible person. Sue me. Anywho... how are you all?