Night Terrors(Nico di Angelo)

You sat up in bed, almost knocking your head on the bunk above you. Your breaths were labored and the terrors of your dreams replayed in your head, flashing in an unforgettable manner. You ran your hands over your face and slowly began to cry. Silent tears streaming down your face as you tried to keep quiet. not wanting to wake anyone up. You took shaky breaths and stumbled out of bed. You wrapped a blanket around you and pushed open your cabin doors. You checked that no one could see you and darted down the line of cabins, stopping outside cabin thirteen. You ran the edge of the fabric over your wet face and slowly opened the door.

You closed it softly and found Nico's sleeping figure in his bed. You knew you were breaking a lot of camp rules being in here, but you hadn't really thought about it. You got on your knees and nudged his shoulder with your knuckles. "N-Nico, wake up."

He mumbled and shifted, turning his head slightly toward you, his hair flopping over his eyes. You reached out and ran your fingers over it to push it away and he suddenly had his hand gripping your wrist. You gasped and Nico opened his brown eyes to look at you. His eyes softened at your puffy, red eyes and the dampness of your cheeks. He let your wrist go and scooted over, silently patting the spot next to him.

You crawled next to him and snuggled into his embrace, clutching his shirt tightly in your hands. "I'm sorry for waking you up, I. . . I had a bad dream." He shook his head slowly and pulled his blankets up around you.

"Don't apologize, I'm glad you woke me up." His voice was quiet and you were straining to hear him. You nodded and closed your eyes. Maybe sleep would come easier now. . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You snapped your eyes open in terror and were met with another set of eyes. You swallowed, your dry throat hurting. You held your hands to your face and noticed they were once again, damp with tears. You sat up and Nico did the same. You started to cry again. What was wrong with you? Couldn't you get a good night's sleep without causing anoyone problems? Nico pulled you into him.

"Hush," He mumbled into your hair as you wept into his shoulder. "It's fine, (Y/N), everyone has nightmares. It's okay, you're okay, I'm okay, we're okay." You couldn't move or speak, feeling as if you would you would shatter. "We can't help to have nightmares, even I have them." Your sobbing had subsided and you were resting quietly.

Nico didn't move though, he sat there, holding you in his lap until you slept until the wink of the sun shone over the horizon. He then lifted you up and carefully made his way toward your cabin with you sleeping soundly in his arms. He laid you in your bed, covered you up with your blanket and kissed your forehead. He may not have gotten much sleep, but if you were finally getting some shut eye, he wouldn't have it any other way.

Hi!