You Didn't Hear The Best Part(Percy Jackson)

You headed toward the hospital, not knowing what to expect. Percy, yoyr best firend but long time crush, was put in the hospital after a car crash and was in a somewhat critical condition. You parked in the parking lot and hurried inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Percy?" You questioned, walking inside the room and laying your purse at the foot of his bed. He smiled sadly at you and you sat beside him, a hand on his knee. You smiled. "How do you feel?"

"Like I got hit with a car." He replied and you forced a laugh. You hugged him, laying your head in the crook of his neck and smelling his scent.

"Percy? We've been friends for a long time. About five years." He patted your shoulder once. "And we've had all kinds of fun. Like that time when we hid and threw a suprise larty for Paul. . . Or when we would go down to the beach at camp and draw in the sand together. You drew a really bad dolphin" You chuckled.

"And people who tease us about how much time we spent together, telling us we acted like we were a couple but we would always shoot them down about it." You drowned out everything in the room, getting lost in your own story. "But Percy? It was when that little girl from the Ares cabin started singing that little song about us kissing in a tree.

"I realized I liked you. I know I've waited two years to tell you that, but I actually realized something else. That I loved you. I loved when your eyes sparked and crinkled up at the sides when you laughed. So I guess the point to this story is that I love you Percy."

You sat there, waiting for him to say something and then when nothing was said you pulled away. Percy laid there, his eyes closed and your eye grew wide. You looked over to the heart monitor to see a long line. Tears pricked the back of your eyes and you looked back down to Percy, the tears now falling.

"You didn't hear the best part Percy. I love you."

Requests?