Tears and Smears(Rachel Dare)

Requested by snakitten. :) Hope you like it!

You sat at the beach away from all the campers, glad to finally have some peace as you hunched over a book and became one with it. You would mumble every now and again, upset about the plot of what the character's say or do.

When you got almost finished, you were about to throw the book into the vast body of water known as the ocean. Instead, you slowly shut it and clutched it to your chest, trying to keep from crying in a public place.

"Hey!" A voice behind you shouted and you turned to see Rachel Dare, her hair puffing up at the sides every time she took a step. She smiled and you couldn't help but grin back. "What are you doing over here all alone?"

"Oh," You said, momentarily glancing at the book still clutched to your chest. "Just, uh, reading... peacefully." She rolled her eyes and sat beside you, throwing an arm across your shoulders.

"Peacefully huh? You gonna explain how your tears are peaceful?" She reached up and stroked the tears still left on your face away.

"Yes," You replied. "It shows I have feelings." She laughed quietly and stood up, pulling you with her. Almost dropping the dook, you let out a squeak of fright. No way we're you getting your book dirty.

"Come on, bookworm, I wanna show you something," She said, starting into the woods and you mumbled something about her nickname.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You laid in the floor as Rachel painted in the corner of her what you named, "Her Lair". She'd laugh at you everytime you said it and that'd make it worth it. Her smile made anything worth it. You rolled onto your stomach and crossed you legs at the ankles.

Rachel glanced at you and slowly, without you noticing, grabbed a new canvas and set the one she was painting aside. Turning her easel slightly toward you, she began to paint. You knew what she was doing of course. She was painting you. She did that when she thought you weren't paying attention. You'd never asked what she did with all of them, you just remained doing whatever you were doing that inspired her creative side to paint you.

When you looked up from your book, you caught her gaze and she blushed, her face heating up.

"What are you doing Rachel?" You asked, trying to keep from smiling.

"Painting," She answered, turning and hiding her face behind her canvas. You smiled and closed your book after remembering your page and stood. You walked toward her and peeked over the top of the canvas.

"No!" She shrieked, stumbling after you and turning you away from the canvas before you could see anything. She smiled sheepishly, her face still red.

"Come one Rachel, let me see." You plead and she shook her head, her hand still firmly latched to yours. You slid your hands up her arms and stopped on her shoulders, pulling her closer. Her face was even redder and you laid your forehead on hers.

"Rachel," You repeated, lower. "What are you painting?" She pecked your lips suddenly and grabbed the canvas, laughing and running out. You groaned.

Voluntary exercise.

You chased after her, laughing and she squeaked, noticing you were actually chasing after her. You grabbed her hand and pulled her toward you, the canvas squished between the two of you.

She smirked. "If you wanted to see it so bad, why did you smear wet paint?"

You gasped and looked down, grabbing it and looking at all the smeared colors. She winked and pecked your lips once again, walking back toward camp. You glared at the back of her head and she looked back over her shoulder.

"See you later (Y/N), you forgot your book at my place anyway."

I feel like this wasn't good.