Distraction(Nico di Angelo)

"Nico?" You questioned quietly, biting your lip. You tilted your head, peeking in the Hades cabin. It was eight in the morning and everyone was to be up and at 'em but you'd noticed Nico wasn't at breakfast and set out to find him.

You knew there was a rule against there being only one boy and one girl in a cabin alone, but you were starting to get a little worried.

You stepped inside, spotting him under his blankets, a tuff of black hair peeking from them. You frowned, shutting the door back softly before heading to his bunk, sitting down carefully.

He shifted his head from under the blankets to rest it on your thigh, hugging around the back of your knee.

He hasn't opened his eyes and you rested your hands in his hair, twirling it around your fingertips, tilting your head at him.

He said nothing for the first few minutes, staying quiet as you twirled his hair before he softly began tracing his thumb in circles on the back of your thigh.

"Nico?" You asked softly, careful not to disturb the silence. "Are you okay?"

"Yes," He said quietly. "I'm just a little distracted, everything is okay Y/N."

You nodded in response, continuing to twirl his hair. He turned his head, kissing your leg softly before laying it back over and nuzzling his cheek into the fabric of your shorts. "You know I love you right?"

"Of course I do, Nico." You frowned a little. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, Y/N," He grumbled into your leg, his fingers stilling on the back of your leg and his arms tightening around your leg. "I just needed a distraction,"

"What kind of distraction?" You asked, continuing to twirl his hair despite him stopping his tracing on your leg.

"This is good enough of a distraction." He answered. "I'll be okay Y/N, trust me, I wouldn't lie to you."

"I do trust you Nico, I just want you to be okay," You answered and he nuzzled his cheek up to lean into the curve of your side, looking up to you. His fingers slowly started tracing again and his eyes drooped closed.

You smiled softly, continuing to twirl his hair, trying to have him fall asleep, knowing it would be a better distraction than what you could offer.

You leaned down enough to kiss his forehead. "I love you Nico," You whispered into his hairline.

:)