I'll Miss You (Percy Jackson)

"Percy," You gasped through the thick, red air. Your hand clutched tightly in his, afraid to let go, for he might disappear. "We're not going to make it."

The air nipped and burned your skin and you looked to Percy. His mouth was in a line and his eyes darted around quickly. "No, (Y/N), we are! I've made it through Tartarus once before and I can do it again. We can do it."

"We can't," You answered, your throat dry and hoarse. Percy stopped and pulled you into his chest. He leaned down and put his head on your shoulder as you continued. "The Doors of Death are closed, Percy. There's no way we can get out."

"We can, we just have to open them and seal them back. It won't be easy, but it could work." He whispered in your ear and lifted his head, kissing your cheek. "I'm not letting you suffer down here, with or without me, you're making it out alive. You're going to camp."

"No!" You took his face and your hands and pulled it close enough to yours, your noses were almost touching. "It's either both if us or niether of us. I'm not leaving without you."

Percy was quiet for a long time before he dropped his gaze and nodded. His mind was spinning with a plan. "Okay." Percy knew if both of you made it out, he was a goner anyways because you'd kill him for the plan he had for the Doors of Death.

But you never needed to.

Because only one of you ended up back out of there.

The other trapped below the surface in the pits of Tartarus alone.

Does this make a cliffhanger?