Late Night Reading (Luke Castellan)

You sit on the couch, your favorite book in your lap, reading quickly as a new action starts. Your boyfriend sits next to you and looks over your shoulder to see what you're reading, but sighs, deciding to just lay there. You glance at the clock, a flashing 10:34 in your line of vision. You look back down and continue reading, pretending you didn't see it. You had told Luke you would come to bed at ten thirty, but oops, you missed it.

Luke props his head in your lap and fiddles with the hem of your shirt while you simply keep reading. Holding the book with one hand, Luke takes your other hand and sets it on his head. You run your fingers through his hair absent-minded, more focused on your book.

A small smile finds it's way to Luke's face and he closes his eyes. You continue reading, glancing at the clock every now and again. You yawn, lifting your hand from Luke's hair long enough to cover your mouth before returning it to it's position. You look at the clock.

1:57.

You look down to Luke, peacefully sleeping in your lap and smile. You put your bookmark in your book and lay it on the end table, pulling the string on the lamp, consuming the room into darkness. You snuggle down, propping your feet on the coffee table and Luke's head still in your lap, but more so on your stomach now.

You rub your thumb over his cheekbone and then close your eyes. "Goodnight Luke."

I dunno I thought this was cute.

:3