Fallen Angel(Nico di Angelo)

Credit goes to Three Days Grace for writing the song and to all the people who helped produce it, I am in no way taking credit for their song.

Late at night I can hear the crying

I hear it all, trying to fall asleep

When all the love around you is dying

You touched the smooth skin of his face, taking in his relaxed features. He looked so peaceful and you were determined to remain strong only for him and not for his half-sister sitting beside you or any of your friends or family that might be present. You had been on the phone with him when he was walking home from dinner. You had to leave early because of your sisters sudden realization that she'd lost her kid in the apartment somewhere. You'd opened the door just in time to see a white Dodge truck swing around the corner and come barreling toward him. The next part was just a blur of bright headlights, screaming, and the car horn.

"You need to eat too, dear." The nurse said quietly. She was a shy person who only came in here to check on you-she wasn't supposed to monitor Nico.  You shake your head and she let her face fall into a small frown.

How do you stay so strong?

How did you hide it all for so long?

How can I take the pain away?

How can I save

A fallen angel, in the dark

Never thought you'd fall so far

Fallen angel, close your eyes

I won't let you fall tonight

Fallen angel

You waited for her to leave before you looked at the floor and Hazel returned from the cafeteria. She sighed upon knowing you didn't eat and took your hand, sitting in the chair beside you.

"You know, I know my brother and he wouldn't want  you to be doing this to yourself, you've already lost ten pounds (Y/N), that isn't healthy." She was gentle with you but you couldn't help get aggravated.

"Nico isn't healthy last time I checked. We are the other half to each other Hazel, if one of us is sick, so is the other. I don't know how to explain it, it feels just wrong to be okay knowing he's cooped up like this." You whispered the last part in hope she wouldn't hear.

You do it all for my own protection

You make me feel like I'll be okay

Still I have so many questions

She let go of your hand and turned to kiss her brother on the forehead before whispering goodnight. She pat your shoulder on the way out and you weren't alone long. Everyone was afraid to leave you alone for too long. They may have forgotten that you could handle it. You could. Percy found himself perched in the window about twenty minutes later and you sighed, knowing he was the one to spend the night with you and Nico. You stood, stretched your arms and scooted your chair closer to the bed. You curled up in it and laid a blanket over your leg, taking Nico's hand and resting your cheek against it, falling into a dreamless abyss.

How do you stay so strong?

How did you hide it all for so long?

How can I take the pain away?

How can I save,

A fallen angel, in the dark

Never thought you'd fall so far

Fallen angel, close your eyes

I won't let you fall tonight

Fallen angel, just let go

You don't have to be alone

Fallen angel, close your eyes

I won't let you fall tonight

You awoke to someone pulling Nico's hand away from you. You mumbled and your eyes fluttered open, slowly adjusting to the early morning sun. Percy was gone so you knew he was either at breakfast or he and another person were trading out being nanny. You looked over to see a pair of brown eyes. A small gasp escaped your lips as you recoiled from the sight, your heart picking up speed and adrenaline feeling your veins.

I was right beside you

When you went to hell and back again

I was right beside you

When you went to hell and back again

And I, I couldn't save, a fallen angel

"Nico!" You sputtered, throwing your arms around his neck and he buried his face in your neck. You began to cry onto his hospital gown, not caring who was watching. You had him again. He was awake and alive. He squeezed you as tightly as he could, almost as if he was afraid of letting go.

"I was so close to letting go," He spoke into your neck, taking a shaky breath. "Oh my stars I'm so happy I'm sitting here right now." He chuckled despite the situation and you shook your head, not saying anything around your tears. You squeezed him just as tightly as he was too.

"Thank you," You whispered to him, but he didn't hear you. You closed your eyes and pulled away, opening your eyes to a suddenly new surrounding.

Nurses and doctors surrounded you and you were being pulled away from the bedside. You could hear the faint flat line beep of the heart rate and started to sob. It was a dream. This was a dream. You pinched yourself and when you didn't wake up you sobbed harder. Percy was suddenly beside you, pulling you into the hallway as you struggled to get back to Nico's side. You failed as your lack of eating caused a lack in energy and you began to tire. when you finally reached the hallway and the door was shut in your face, you pun and collapsed into Percy, crying into his chest, clutching his shirt as he rubbed your back.

A fallen angel, in the dark

Never thought you'd fall so far

Fallen angel, close your eyes

I won't let you fall tonight

Fallen angel, just let go

You don't have to be alone

Fallen angel, close your eyes

I won't let you fall tonight

Fallen angel

I did hint at the fact that he would die. . . 'Cause, I mean, "And I, I couldn't save, a fallen angel" . . . Foreshadow! . . . I feel like a bad person oh my word. . . StoneStar03, you requested a part two to "Please Don't Go(Jason Grace)" and that will be updated at some point, but you have that to look forward to!

Also, it's ironic that I was writing this and Wrong Side Of Heaven by Five Finger Death Punch, Gone Forever by Three Days Grace, and In The End by Linkin Park came on. Hmm. . .