Walks Don't Just Heal a Broken Heart(Luke Castellan)

This was requested by Ronnieflore and it's sorta a part two to "Sweetie(Luke Castellan)"! Thanks for requesting!

"Where. . .?" You started but he cut you off, holding a hand to your forehead and gazing downward to your stomach. You knew immediately what he was noticing and you crossed your arms in front of you torso, trying to hide it.

"(Y/N)?" He asked softly, settling his hands on your hips. You looked away and toward the window out toward the archery range.

"Where were you all this time?" You said instead of answering. You looked out of the corner of your eye to see him frown and look down toward his shoes.

"Healing," He said quietly and you removed yourself from his arms. You wanted so much to just fall into his arms and let him tell you everything and yet, another part of you wanted to kill him, resurrect him, and them have him tell you the story just so you can kill him again. You stepped a couple feet away from him and he hung his head like a dog who knew he was in trouble. His arms hung loosely at his side, his fingers twitching out toward you and them curling into his palm as if he wanted to pull you into him and then remembered that he didn't deserve it.

"'Healing', wow, okay," You walked around him and outside, down toward the beach. He followed behind you, almost as if he were attached to you and didn't say a word. "I don't see why you don't have a reason for that Luke."

"I was doing it because I thought it was right," He answered. You laughed without humor.

"Oh? And how would killing yourself make things better? Luke, if anything it made them worse!" He frowned at your words and his eyes dimmed as though your words had sucked the light from them. The wind picked up slightly and it blew his hair into his eyes, covering the scar on his face.

"Look, I don't expect you to understand. Can we just. . . Forget it, act as though it didn't even happen?" He questioned, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand while he shoved the other in his back pocket.

"Forget that you just died? Sure, Luke, that's what normal couples do right?"

"You're being stubborn."

"Oh, I'm being stubborn?"

He inhaled deeply through his nose and closed his eyes. You turned on your heel quickly, kicking up sand in the process. You plopped down and stared at where the water met the sky. It was glowing an orange with blotches of pink and blue scattered throughout. Luke didn't sit down beside you and you didn't ask him to.

"Horizons are just limits to the eyes, not to the heart." Luke said and you didn't look back at him. he sat slowly beside you as if by doing so he was giving you an invitation to hit him, which is what you wanted to do.

"Does that limit ever go to the land of the dead." You said it more of a statement, but he shook his head.

"It goes farther. You can love the dead (Y/N), because no matter where their souls are, or where their bodies are," He reached over and placed a hand over your heart. "They'll always be right here, with you."

"Walks don't just fix broken hearts," You said, trying not to weep. He smiled a little.

"I guess it's good we're sitting then."

Oh my word, I am so happy about all the gorgeous lines I wrote for Luke to say. ^-^ Is this okay for your request?