You're My Favorite Melody(Frank Zhang)

I had a reader tell me that they would like some more Frank ones. Here you go sweetheart!

You sighed, staring at the book you wanted most as you stood in the bookstore. It was a wee thing and an older lady sat behind the desk, drinking a mug of tea slowly and there were only two other people besides you in the store. Six foot shelves stood all along the walls and scattered throughout with two red and blue beanbags in the corner closest to the door.

A girl sat in the blue one, her legs crossed underneath her as she read a book on vampires intently, switching between wrapping her jacket tighter around herself, to pulling at the tips of her royal blue hair.

A boy stood in the corner closest to the checkout, staring up at a book before he pulled it down, flipping it over in his hands and scanning the pages. His gray sweatshirt fit his form, the hood hanging slightly off his head to show his short black hair.

He looked over at you and smiled, his cheeks flushing. You smiled back softly before looking back toward the book. You reached up and pulled it down carefully. You noticed the boy still looking at you, trying to be incognito about it and you put it back, running your fingers along the spines of the books.

You sighed quietly before stuffing your hands in your pockets and turning, walking out of the small bookstore. You pulled your jacket around yourself, shivering in the cold, winter air.

"Ma'am!" Someone calls out and you shiver looking behind you to see the boy from the bookstore. You knit your eyebrows together, stopping. He smiles at you, his face red and his hood pulled all the way up to cover his forehead. He holds out the book you were eyeing.

"For you," He answered your unasked question as you stared at the cover. You shake your head.

"Oh, no, I couldn't take that," You replied, though you wanted to. "You spent your money on that, I don't even know your name,"

"Frank," The boy replied as he sniffles a little, his nose bright red. "It's alright, I saw you looking at it, take it,"

You took it carefully and he smiled. You then push it back toward him. "No, I can't take it,"

"Yes you can," Frank responded. "Just... Think of it as an early Christmas present,"

"Christmas has already passed,"You answered and he frowns slightly.

"A late Christmas present, "He then said and you smiled a little.

"Okay," You said quietly, holding the book close to you.

"I'll see you again?" He asked. "Same place?" You smiled and nodded ever so slightly, and if it was possible, his smile grew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Favorite movie?" Frank asked you. He had insisted he take you to dinner after the forth time that you two had met at the bookstore.

"(Your Favorite Movie)," You responded, eating a bite of your chicken. He smiled at you.

"That's a good movie," He said and you nodded.

"Favorite book?" He asked with a slight smile.

"Oh, how can you choose one!" You replied and he laughed, his cheeks flushing. "My turn! What's your favorite song or melody?"

He thought a moment, looking in your (e/c) eyes before he blushed. "Your voice,"

"Oh," You answered, feeling a blush creep to your cheeks.

"Sorry, that was-"He fumbled over his words and you shook your head.

"No, no, Frank it's fine, that was sweet," You said, smiling and he let out a breath of relief.

"So does that mean I can take you out on a second date?" He asked softly and you giggled lightly.

"Yes,"

I hope this was good...😕