True Conquers Fake(Leo Valdez)

Requested by FandomsUnite27. Anna is a child of Aphrodite by the way. Thanks for requesting!

Let's face it. Anna was in love with Leo. She was in love with his eyes, especially when they got that twinkle in them right before he did something dangerous or stupid. She loved the way his slightly pointed ears stuck up between the curly, black mop that sat on his head. She loved when he laughed, his eyes crinkling at the sides and he'd lean forward or throw his head back.

She just loved him.

She loved his corny jokes he'd make in the most serious of times. She loved his sarcasm that seemed to lace it's way in and out of their conversations. She loved when he talked about something he enjoyed and his face lit up with excitement.

Sometimes, her sister Piper questioned her about her feelings for Leo, but she'd clam up  and not say a word. Afterward, she'd go hang out with Leo in his cabin or out in the strawberry fields. Leo was always on her mind.

And then he left on a quest. And still hadn't returned.

No one knew where Leo wound up, but multiple people say he died in battle. Anna refused to believe that something bad happened to Leo. She spent most of her days alone, never talking to anyone. Sometimes she wouldn't even eat until someone made her and even then, sometimes she'd say rude things and the person wouldn't come back for a day or so.

That is until the whirring noise above her one day stopped her on her way to the woods. She looked up and there in the sky, was Festus in all his bronze glory. And sitting on top was the Latino that stole Anna's heart. She broke into a grin and it immediately collapsed into a frown when she noticed another person on board.

A girl.

Anna was suddenly surrounded by campers,  pushing their way around her to get a better view. She gaped as Festus landed upon the ground and Leo hopped down and the girl smiled brightly, sliding off behind him.

"Guess who's back baby?" Leo shouted and Anna couldn't help but smile a little bit. Leo always made her happier than most people whom she rejected the niceness of. Anna elbowed her way to the front of the group and when she stumbled out into the middle of the circle that had formed around the girl and Leo, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Where have you been?" She demanded and he glanced over at her. He slowly turned toward her then looked back to the girl.

"Hi, Anna, listen this is-"

"I didn't ask who she was," Anna snapped. "I asked where you were."

"Right," Leo answered before looking at the camper's peering eyes. "So, after the Argo II exploded, I died." Anna was quiet a long time before she clenched her teeth.

"You what?"

"I know I said I wouldn't!" Leo said, shaking his hands out in front of him and glancing around. "But I had to. Anyway, I went to Ogygia (I'm not sure if that's how it's spelled.) And got Calypso back." He turned and smiled at the girl behind him and she smiled back.

"So you killed yourself for a girl?" Anna summed up, her body tensing as she said the words. Leo pondered it a moment before he slowly nodded.

"I'm guess so." Anna huffed and spun on her heel, walking away from Leo and Calypso.

Of course - A knight always returned with a princess.

She busted into a sprint, her mind racing with thoughts of how to get Leo back. She loved him and she knew without a doubt that that girl did not love him the way she did. And she would prove that to him.

~○~○~○~○~○~○~○

Anna knocked on the cabin door and Harley groggily opened it. "Anna? Why are you hear this early in the morning?" He yawned and stretched. Anna smiled.

"Could you get Leo for me right quick Harley?" She asked sweetly and Harley nodded, half asleep. He disappeared into the dark cabin and a moment later, Leo stumbled into the doorway, rubbing at his eyes.

"Hey Leo! I know you just got back and all, but I wanted to do something with you. Wanna come on a picnic?" She reached down and grabbed the basket that was earlier at her feet.

He blinked a couple times as if to make sure he was awake and then slowly nodded, holding up a finger and closing the door. Anna waited patiently, watching as cabin doors opened one at a time as campers sleepily headed out.

Leo returned, clothed in tan jeans and a red tee shirt. He looked more alert than he had earlier. He grinned. "Alright best friend, where's the picnic?"

Anna's chest squeezed with pain when Leo called her best friend, but she didn't let that affect her smile. "To the woods!" Leo linked an arm with her and took the basket from her grasp, laughing.

"I missed you, you know?" Leo said suddenly as they laid down the blanket and collapsed onto it. Anna looked over at him, a light tint to her cheeks.

"I missed you too." She managed, pulling out a couple sandwiches. "I know it's breakfast but this was the best I could do." Leo shook his head.

"It's perfect." They both took a sandwich, touched them together like glasses, and took a bite.

~○~○~○~○~○~○

Anna watched as Calypso laughed so hard she fell into Leo's side, making Leo laugh too. They where a laughing mess and Anna hated it. Did Leo love her? Anna didn't even realize she'd been standing up from her table until Piper cleared her throat in front of her.

Anna looked at her, then back to Leo and Calypso, then back ro Piper before she sat back down. Piper gave her a half smile.

"If you love him so much, tell him. He's Leo, Anna. What are you so afraid of?" She asked.

Rejection. An ending friendship. Total humiliation. 

"Nothing," Anna replied instead. She sighed and stood up. Maybe Piper was right, she could just go talk to Leo. But first, Calypso had to be someplace else. She formed a lie in her head as she started towards them. They looked to be in deep conversation and when Anna walked up, they both stopped to turn and look at her.

"Chiron needs you in the Big House." Anna lied and Calypso narrowed her eyes and hesitated before moving on past her. Anna looked to Leo.

"I have to tell you something." They said in unison. Anna's heart raced. What could Leo want to tell her? Were Calypso and Leo an item? Did he love Calypso? Did he love Anna?

Anna swallowed. "You first."

Leo shook his head and gestured for her to go first. Anna took a deep breath. "Leo, ever since I first met you,  I wanted to always be near you. You're a lovely person and you brighten my day in ways you can't think of." He tilted his head, his eyebrows knitting up.

"The way you laugh, or smile, or do basically anything just makes me happy. When you get excited over something, I get excited because you are. You're a wonderful person and I don't know what I would do without you." She took a big gulp and finished. "And I'm in love with you."

"Wow," Leo breathed. "I thought you were proposing the way you started out there Anna," He laughed and Anna glared at him. "What I mean to say is I love you too."

"What about Calypso?" Anna questioned and Leo leaned down.

"Who's Calypso?" Anna laughed and Leo pressed his mouth to hers.

I feel like I veered so far from what was requested....