I Don't Think You Should Be Crying (Travis Stoll)

Travis sighed as he tossed a package of crackers along with two cases of noodles and three cans of Chicken Noodle Soup into the shopping cart and started back down the aisle. You were supposed to go shopping this morning but when Travis woke up at a quarter until ten, you were still in bed, sound asleep. He knew you'd tossed and turned all night, ocasionally getting up to go to the bathroom.

So he got up, got dressed, left a note, and headed to the grocery store. He pushed the cart down the cold section and stopped, trying to remember what all he was supposed to get. He pursed his lips as his blue eyes scanned the shelves. Shaking his head, he grabbed a gallon of milk and a tub of ice cream and put them in the basket.

He smiled at the older woman in front of him and quickly walked by her, looking for the bread. When he spotted it, he grabbed two loaves and carefully put them in the basket, not wanting to squish them.

Looking over his basket, he decided this would be enough and headed toward the check out. He began loading all the groceries onto the table where the cashier stood. The man began scanning the things, talking to the cashier beside him and Travis stood there awkwardly, fiddling with his wallet.

The man punched a few buttons and the other cashier began putting his bags back into the cart. He looked over the monitor at Travis. "Seventy-two, twenty-four."

Travis gaped. He didn't even get that much! No wonder he never went grocery shopping. He handed over the money and the cashier put it in the register, giving him his change.

"Have a nice day." Said the man and Travis gave a slight wave before he hurried to his car. He loaded the groceries into the back and closed the door. He put the cart away and collapsed into the drivers seat. Next time, he decided, you were going to the store.

~○~○~○~○~○

Travis had all the bags into his arms, determined to make two trips into one while he fiddled with the door. He kicked it open and stumbled to the kitchen where he sat all the groceries down on the table. He paused, hearing sniffling from the living room. Confused, he quietly began to head to the living room where he found you on the couch.

You sat crossed legged in a baggy hoodie of his - too big for you - and (f/c) sweatpants. Your hair wasn't brushed and you hand the sleeves of the hoodie pulled over your knuckles and your hands held under your eyes. Travis looked at the T.V. where a movie was playing and wearily he started toward you.

"(Y/N)?" Travis asked, sitting in the seat beside you. You sniffled and your face was red.

"W-What?" You choked out, your eyes focused on the T.V.

"What are you crying for?" He asked quietly. "I was only gone two hours. . ."

"I know." You dropped your hands into your lap and looked over at him. "I decided to watch The Ice Age, you know, the one with dinosaurs."

"Well, why are you crying?" He asked and you took his face in your sleeved hands.

"Baby dinosaurs!" You whispered, your eyes brimmed with tears. "The dinosaurs, Travis! They loved Sid and he had to leave him!" Travis slowly wrapped his fingers around your wrists and put your hands in your lap.

"(Y/N), dear, I don't think this movie is supposed to make you cry. Are you alright?" He asked softly and you collapsed into his lap, putting your hands over your stomach and closed your eyes.

"No, I feel like something is eating me." You answered and Travis tilted his head.

"Oh," He whispered in realization. You opened your eyes and looked at him. He smiled. "I guess it's good I got some ice cream then right?"

You smiled. "You're the best Travis."

"Don't you know it. Now, I've gotta put groceries away or we'll be drinking the ice cream."

Hello! How are you?