Dress Shopping

The following days had been rather weird. George came to my house everyday for about an hour or so because he didn't want people to suspect anything. He still didn't know that John knew about Ziggy and I wasn't planning to tell him. I was sitting on my bed lazily gazing at Sienna's cage when someone opened my door. I saw George standing in front of my door smiling.

"I'll make this fast, John went to the shed to look for his broom." George said while coming closer to me. "How's Ziggy?"

"I mean he doesn't really do much, he's okay, been humming Ziggy Stardust since he heard me playing it." I said and placed Ziggy on the bed. "I don't think Garfunkel likes him very much."

"He's just jealous. Reminds me of Weatherby, really." He said, I laughed.

"Don't insult Garfunkel like that." I said, Garfunkel curled up on my lap.

"What are you doing later?" He asked but before I could answer we heard the door open. A little higher George said something about Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, exited the room waving. Little did he know that John had already been onto us for about a week now. I was supposed to go to Natalie's today to shop for the formal dresses that had been required for school in London. I grabbed my bag and went out to the Burrow. Natalie and I were taking Ginny too.

"Oh Gianna, dear! How will I ever repay you!" Mrs. Weasley said and hugged me.

"You guys have done so much for me really it's my pleasure." I said grinning. The guys just finished playing Quidditch and entered.

"Oi, Gianna where are you going?" George asked me.

"We're going dress shopping!" Ginny said happily.

"Can't we come?" George said winking at me. So discrete.

"Nope, ladies only. Why would you guys want to dress shop anyways?" I said, they laughed. Ginny and I traveled through floo powder to Natalie's house.

Natalie was waiting for us, she hugged me and we left to the streets of London looking for the dresses we would wear. Obviously, Ginny's was more age appropriate for her, she was the first that found a dress, even though she didn't need it. We decided to buy it for her. Natalie and I went all out and bought beautiful ballgowns each. Natalie's was red and mine was white. I'm not getting into much detail because that would spoil the surprise. After we finished shopping, we went to Diagon alley and got ice cream from Florean's. Then, we went to Natalie's house and got her trunk and her Siamese cat, Gruelgie as she was leaving with us and the Weasleys to Hogwarts tomorrow. We arrived at my house and Natalie settled. Ginny was fascinated by London and all the muggle things she saw ("Dad would love this!" She kept saying and pointing every weird thing.)

We took Ginny over to to the Burrow. Mrs. Weasley was super grateful for everything and buying the dress, we refused to let her pay. Natalie greeted everyone and Fred and George pulled us away.

"So, when can we see the dresses?" Fred asked.

"You can't." Natalie said, I nodded. They looked shocked.

"They're top secret. Too sexy for you guys." I said. Ron interrupted.

"Why do we need these horrendous fancy clothes?" He asked angrily, in his hands were these dreadful dress robes. We all laughed.

John scolded us off and we had to leave before any actual conversation started. That night we barely slept. Why did we need those dresses? What was going on at Hogwarts?