Minds Wander

The weeks kept passing without notice. Everyday had been extraordinarily ordinary. The twins were so extraordinary everyday that it had become a routine already. Somehow even in dark times, the twins managed to keep the customers flowing. Natalie had come by a few times with Oliver Wood before leaving to Scotland to study. I missed her. Since her breakup with Fred, we had been a little distant as I had spent most of my time either with George or alone, trying to figure the animagus out. Now she was giving me a taste of my own medicine with Oliver. My birthday passed without me even noticing, George did and arranged a party for me before everyone left to Hogwarts. After that nothing really happened. Business was as usual, I hadn't seen or heard much from Uncle Remus or Tonks or John. I felt as if my life was going to be like this all the time. My and George's family were scared to come near us anymore because of the horrible times. I often stayed up at night thinking of the betrayal I had done to my family, was I turning into Percy? The circumstances are different, of course, but it might feel the same to them.

"Gianna, love." George said snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him and Fred.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Fancy taking us out to some of the muggle shops you used to go with Natalie?" He asked. "We want to buy something for Dad."

"That's a great idea." I said smiling. "I've been thinking of getting something for my lot as well.. You know, just in case." They smiled and nodded.

"Tomorrow morning." Fred said winking before going to his room, leaving me and George alone. I went to the loo and when I returned he was already asleep. I smiled and him and got into bed.

The next morning I awoke early and made breakfast for them.

"Sonorus." I said as I flicked my wand, my voice amplified. "Fred and George Weasley, get your lazy arses up!"

"Alright, alright!" Fred said going out of his room. "Quietus." He flicked his wand and my voice returned to normal. We all ate breakfast and talked for a while about my family.They left to their rooms and returned with the hideous green jackets.

"You can't wear that." I said to them. "Wear the jumpers that Mrs. Weasley makes for you guys every Christmas and denim trousers. You have to blend in." I had a lot of muggle clothing, I thought it was prettier than traditional witch robes. We exited through the Leaky Cauldron. For them, London was something really unusual. They didn't do much traveling outside of the wizarding world. We went to a few stores. I bought things for all of the Weasleys, my own family, Tonks, Lupin and Harry. We exchanged for muggle money at Gringotts. The twins ended up with a bunch of random objects from every store we went to. People looked at us really weirdly, not many freak out when they see mobile phones or a telly.

When we got back to the flat, I decided to write to John:

Dear John,

It's been ages since I've heard from you. I don't think I'm coming home for Christmas. Maybe for a little while but I've gotten you all gifts. Tell Mum and Dad and let me know how they react before I go. Thanks.

           Love, Gianna

        PS: Love more, Fred and George.

They attached an exploding ink to the letter so I don't even know how John would react to that. I sent Sienna to deliver it to John.

"Are you okay?" George asked me. "You know, with the family thing and all.."

"I guess." I said looking down. "I don't know, really. They accepted it, I'm the one being dramatic." I shrugged. "Enough of that." I kissed him.

"I need to get a girlfriend." Fred said. "I wonder if Angelina is available."

"You fancy her?" I asked.

"Always have." He said smiling. "You know, since Natalie and I broke up."

"Well, give it a go, then." I said smiling at him.