Oh! Parents

After the Hogwarts Express arrived we saw all of our parents standing in the platform, waiting for us. The twins, Natalie and I picked up our things and hurried to greet them. George had his arm around me as we walked towards my parents. They gave us puzzled looks, then I remembered that I forgot to tell them that we were dating.

"Hi, mum." I said. She hugged me.

"Well, hello." She said. "I heard about the poor Diggory boy. I'm so glad you're both okay." She patted George's arm. Dad was too busy greeting my younger brother. George slightly blushed.

"Mum, I have something to tell you actually." I started.

"And you, are you George or Fred? I can never get you right!" She said smiling.

"George." He said surprisingly smiling as well.

"Thank you for taking care of her!" She said and kept rambling. George pulled me aside once my brothers came to us.

"So she doesn't know, eh?" He said looking a bit disappointed.

"I'm pretty sure she does. John or Jesse must've told them. She's probably just trying not to make it awkward." I said. He just frowned at me. "I'll tell her when we get home. I promise. Come to supper with us?" He nodded. We said goodbyes to our friends sadly including Natalie as well and continued our own ways. During the car ride I decided to break the news to them.

"Guys, I have something to tell you." I said, "Well, George Weasley and I, we're kind of dating..?" They looked at me.

"Since when?" My mother asked.

"Since Christmas!" My brother, Jesse, blurted out.

"Why are we just finding out now?" My father asked.

"I dunno.. I wasn't sure we were official or anything until a week ago.." I said, "I invited him for supper, if you guys don't mind.." They nodded and Jesse proceeded to tell them about his first year.

When we arrived home I sent Natalie a letter telling her about everything and asking her if she wanted to stay for a bit with us. Afterwards I got changed for supper. I wore a sundress because it was getting warm already. We heard a knock on the door. It was George, he was wearing the jumper I had given him for his birthday and he looked rather nervous.

"Is the great George Weasley nervous?" I asked laughing.

"Your parents don't really seem fond of me!" He said.

"George, c'mon. You've known them your whole life basically." I said. John peaked and told us that supper was ready. The meal ran pretty smoothly. John and George made jokes, my parents were pretty happy with him.

"It's lovely to have you here." My mum told him. "Feel free to come anytime." George looked confident again. We sat to watch TV, I guess George had never seen one because he looked amazed by it. We stayed watching TV for a while but Ron came looking for George.

"I might see you tomorrow." He said and kissed me before leaving with Ron. I laughed.

My owl had returned with Natalie's letter it read:

Dear Gianna,

I'm glad you and George are making progress in your relationship. I will not be able to stay with you guys this summer until  perhaps later on. My parents have sent me to a camp in Scotland this year. I will send you letters when I can. I'll be back at the end of summer and maybe then I can stay with you guys. Please tell Fred for me, my parents aren't very pleased with me lying to them about him so they're limiting my letters to only you. I'll see you soon.

Love,
Natalie