Goodbye, Old Friend

On a sunny afternoon, we had a familiar visitor. The door opened and we looked back to see John.

"John!" I said. He hugged me. The twins came down from the second floor and greeted John.

"What are you doing here?! Aren't you supposed to be in Ireland?" I asked.

"Mum and Dad are a wreck, they're blaming themselves for you dropping out and they've been angry so I figured it was time to come home for a while. See how you've been doing." He said. I frowned.

"Why can't they understand?" I said, John shrugged. "Their perfect little Gryffindor prodigy isn't perfect. I'm not even smart.." I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, you like?"

"That's what I keep telling them but wow, guys. This looks amazing!" John said in awe. The joke shop was done and it was blooming with people.

"Come to the Leaky Cauldron with us when we close?" George said. John shook his head.

"Mum and Dad are expecting me." He said. "I'll be back soon. Send Uncle Remus my best." I nodded and he apparated out. My brother.

As Fred, George and I finished attending some customers. Tonks rushed in here. Her eyes were puffy. We took her upstairs to the flat.

"It's Sirius." She said. "H-he's dead." A familiar feeling of my heart sinking came over me. When I learned Cedric died, I felt the same thing. I went over and hugged Tonks. Tears streamed down my face. Tonks was sobbing as well. He was her cousin. Then I remembered: Harry, oh my. Poor boy. Harry loved Sirius and Sirius loved Harry. It angered me that situations like these keep occurring but my parents only cared that I dropped out of school. That's a whole new kind of brainwash.

"Remus is with Harry, he sent me here." She said. We talked for a while, the twins sat beside us, George with his arm around me and rubbing my hand in a comforting way. Fred went downstairs to keep attending customers. "He's not taking it well, but you know Remus. He's strong." I nodded. I still couldn't believe it myself so I couldn't imagine Remus or Harry. Tonks left soon after.

"I'll see you, Gianna." She said. "Take care, all of you." She was gloomy, of course. Not her normal funny self. I felt horrible for her.

"This so unfair!" I shouted. "He didn't get his name cleared!" I was sobbing angrily. George and Fred watched me until they had enough and tried to make me laugh. They did successfully. The next time I saw Remus was when Harry, Ginny and Ron arrived. He hugged me for a while, he wasn't in a good place right now. Fred and George had these hideous green jackets, I made fun of them with the rest of the lot. Oliver Wood came to wait for Natalie. My parents had sent John to pick up Erick because they couldn't bear to see the other failure that they had raised. Natalie saw me and gave me a hug and handed me Garfunkel, Ziggy and Gaius.

"I'll be at the joke shop whenever you want to see me." I said to Natalie but I never did see much of her that summer.