Mended

"Do you want to get kicked out, is it?" George asked, throwing Draco his wand back. Draco spoke something but I told him to shove it. "If someone catches you they'll ban you from the ball!"

"I don't care, George." I said. "I have no dress. What am I going to wear? The school robes?"

"Look, Fred and I will make it up to you, okay?" He said, "Leave it to us." I was furious, not at them but I just scoffed and left him as I walked away I shouted: "I don't have a date either! Bet you can't help with that!" George and Fred rolled their eyes. I know I was being dramatic, I regretted it afterwards. They made fun of me for that forever.

It really wasn't my intention to snap. I was just really pissed. I avoided people for the next few days. Even Pansy and Malfoy didn't dare come close to Natalie and me. I was so mad that I didn't even care to be excited about Natalie and Fred going together to the ball but I came to my senses the third day after.

I decided to look for the twins and apologise to them when I saw them talking to Professor McGonagall. I overheard their conversation.

"Please, Professor! We really need your help." George said. "We wouldn't've come to you if we weren't desperate!"

"I don't know, Mr Weasley. It won't return to its normal state...." She started. George looked a little more relieved.

"Thanks, professor!" He said. "We couldn't replace it."

"I'll see what I can do." She said and grabbed a bag from Fred's hand and they entered into her classroom.

"What do you think that was about?" Natalie asked.

"They probably broke something of Snape's, I don't know." I said questionably.

I couldn't properly apologize to the twins as they also were avoiding me. Even Harry and Ron had dates now. George probably asked one of the Beauxbaton girls so I was all alone.

The Yule ball was a few days away and I was trying to find any piece of clothing that wouldn't look too bad to wear but most of our clothes were casual. Luckily, Professor McGonagall called me one afternoon.

"I have something for you." She said mysteriously. "Follow me." I followed her into her classroom.

"Very well, I am not supposed to do this but as the twins promised they'd behave if I helped them. Here you go." She said handing me a bag. Inside was my dress now mended and even prettier than before. "Professor Sprout and I took the freedom to add some things so it didn't look too ruined. The ink was very strong. The twins said they'd spilled ink on it." I was in shock.

"It wasn't them, Professor. It was Pansy who did it." I said.

"Well then, I shall have a word with Professor Snape. Those twins really must care for you. They don't to this for just anyone." She said as she signalled the door for me to leave.

"Cheers, Professor." I said and shyly smiled. I bumped into Natalie and we hurried to the common room so I could show her the dress.