Confortation and Futures

We woke up to pounding on the front door. Lupin and Sirius, in his dog form, stood in front of the shop door. Followed by both of our parents. Fred, George and I looked at each other. George opened the door. Snuffles put his paws on my shoulders and licked my face.

"FRED AND GEORGE WEASLEY!" Mrs. Weasley started. I went with my parents to another room.

"What's wrong with you?!" My mother asked me. "You were doing so well! It's the Weasley boy." My blood boiled.

"It's not George! It's always been me! I've always been like this but you guys never bothered to see it. I was sorted into Gryffindor because of something! My courage is stronger than my wisdom. I don't want to work at the Ministry or something like that! This is a biased system we have here and I'd rather starve." I said. "George has always been so good to me! We've never been in trouble together. I'm always asking for it alone!

"I know you might not understand now. I hope you go in time. I took my newts beforehand just to please you guys but I don't need you to be supportive of me." They looked at me shocked.

"What are you saying? You don't need our support?! Under whose roof will you live?" My father said angrily. My dad worked at the Ministry in the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures department and my mother worked at the Improper Use of Magic office in the Law Enforcement Department. Needless to say, I was close enough to the Ministry to know how boring and unfair it was. They were huge admirers of the political system and wouldn't listen to anything I ever said about it. In fact, nobody did really.

"I'm living here." I said firmly. "I'm sorry to disappoint." They just looked at me with neutral expressions.

"Why did you do it?" My mother asked. I showed them my hands. She started crying. Although it seemed that it was because of the scars that the detentions had left I couldn't help think that me dropping out took a bigger part in her crying. I rolled my eyes. Since when has "education" been more important than well being? The pressure to be like everyone else wasn't something I was eager to join, it wasn't a movement I'd like to be a part of.

"There was no use for me there anymore." I said. They nodded.

"We understand with the condition that if you don't succeed you'll study." I nodded falsely. They apparated out. Mrs. Weasley was still screaming at the twins. Uncle Remus and now human, Sirius hugged me. I turned into a Phoenix easily.

"Flawless!" Uncle Remus said. Mrs. Weasley came out and the twins looked horrified.

"Oh no, don't tell me you've turned her into a bird!" She said. I turned back. "What are these? Phoenix Pastries or something?" Sirius nodded.

"She put this upon herself." Sirius said proudly. "We might've helped."

"That's too freaky." George said.

"That's what I said the first time I saw you." I said jokingly. They chuckled. George put his arm around me.

"What are you going to do, though?" Asked Remus. I shrugged.

"I'll help these guys and figure it out on the way, I guess." I said.

"Who says we'll hire you?" Fred said.

"I say you'll hire me. I helped you do stuff." I said giving him a push.

"Anyways, we best be off. Cheers." Sirius said. He hugged me and we said our goodbyes to them and Mrs. Weasley.

"We should get started." I said.

"You read my mind." The twins said in unison. We used magic to complete the appearance of the shop. They decided to go with the model Natalie and I had given them, which was very flattering. We continued working on the joke shop. Uncle Remus came by with Tonks and Sirius occasionally and helped. We were having fun for now. The twins were working on their products as well. They had wasted a lot on their big departure from Hogwarts. We'd be opening the shop soon enough and the twins were more excited than ever. All their hard work had finally paid off, I was so happy for them.