Loss of a Brother

All of us from the DA got a message on our fake galleon. Harry was at Hogwarts with Ron and Hermione. George and Fred were by my side when the message came. We looked at each other, the twins smiled at me with confidence. I gulped but returned the smile. They hugged me and we set off. There was no plan. We literally would just be fighting blind and relentlessly. I sent my parents a patronus telling them the circumstances but no reaction, I hated that. I wanted my parents to worry about me. They used to worry too much and now not enough. They ran away with my younger brother, leaving me and John to fight a battle. We stood in the Room of Requirement listening to Harry talk. Harry and Luna left for Ravenclaw Tower.

"George?"

"Yes?"

"I'm scared." I said. He smiled at me.

"Aren't we all?" He said.

"I love you. And you, Fred." I said and hugged them both. "Never forget that."

"Are you sure you can handle it?" Fred asked. I nodded.

"I would be a coward if I didn't." I said sternly. "I just want you both to know I love you so much. Thanks for everything." They hugged me tightly taking it seriously. I didn't know what to feel, I loved them both so much.

"I'm sure George has said things like this to you before because he's cheesy like that but Gianna, you're grand." Fred said. "I'm glad I met you and I love you nearly as much as George." I smiled with tears falling from my eyes. I tightened the hug. Everyone from the Order came. Fleur asked for Teddy. Lupin showed us a picture of the little baby with turquoise hair. I smiled as I saw him. Then, Percy came to sight and he apologised to his family. Fred and George were reluctant but alas the Weasleys were whole again. Fred and George were guarding the passageways, I managed to say I loved them both before they left, so I decided to do air and fly around as a Phoenix. Tonks came too. I had a bad feeling when I saw her.

"Tonks! Don't go!" I shouted and went after her taking my Phoenix form. I was soaring trying to find Tonks and Lupin when I heard the most heart wrenching screams I had ever heard. I couldn't fathom whose they were until I heard the words that would haunt all of us for the rest of our lives:

"No! Fred! No!"

My heart had fallen when Cedric died, and when Sirius died but this. This felt different. It was more like being stabbed repeatedly. To this day no greater pain has come across my soul. I stopped dead on the air. I had to find them.

  "Stingray!" I heard a voice call. "Look out!" I flied away and looked for the beholder, John. I was crying as John opened his arms and hugged me tightly out on the open. Amazing how my brother risked his life like that. But my mind was elsewhere at the time and only Fred and George occupied it.

I left Tonks and Lupin, sadly and continued with John, now as my true form, running towards the Great Hall. Tears coming out of my eyes. When I saw that, it was like another stab right through the heart. I couldn't feel anything. My body wasn't responding to my mind, my heart started racing more. I looked back and saw that John was crying on the floor. My brother, I hugged him even more tightly as I cried. Fred Weasley. Dead. He was my brother even if not determined by blood. John tightened his embrace. I knew that we were both thinking along the same lines. We only had each other right now, we didn't have anyone to worry about us. I cried into his embrace. John knew Fred for longer than me. He must be even more heartbroken. I felt such pain take over my body. I only knew Fred for a couple years, I couldn't imagine what George felt like, which made me sob even more. George Weasley, my husband, could never be whole again...