Christmases

I was going home for Christmas holidays. My parents weren't too happy with my detentions and allowed me to get a ride with the Weasleys. I was excited to see Uncle Remus again and drink the second part of the disgusting potion so I could finally be able to see the results. We took a chance and tried to speed up the process at Hogwarts. I was so nervous to see the results of the animagus thing. Was I wasting my time? Maybe.

One morning Harry woke up saying Mr. Weasley had been attacked. I heard him and Ron. After a few hours of anxiously waiting, I learned that he was in fact at St. Mungo's. Fred and George were extremely angry when Sirius said they couldn't go to St. Mungo's just yet. They called me to go over to them to try and cool the twins down and to my surprise they were arguing with Sirius.

"Ah, Gianna. Welcome." Sirius said. Fred and George looked at me not very happily. I sat in between them and they put their heads on my shoulders. We all had dozed off by then. Mrs. Weasley rushed to us.

"He's going to be alright." She said. Fred sunk into his chair. George and Ginny walked over to Mrs. Weasley and hugged her. I put a hand on Fred's shoulder and hugged him. Then, got up and hugged Mrs. Weasley with Fred. We were staying at Grimmauld Place for the holidays and Sirius was happy to have all of us.

"Looking forward to working with you properly." He said to me. "Lupin says you're pretty good." I blushed. George put his arm around me and hugged me.

"I knew he'd be okay, George." I kissed him. He returned the gesture and squeezed my hand as he separated from me.

"Stop it you two!" Mrs. Weasley said. We chuckled. Fred sat between us.
"Make room for the sexy twin." He said as he grabbed food from both of our plates. I sent an owl to my parents saying I was staying with the Weasleys and Uncle Remus and explained the situation. They really weren't happy now but decided to let me off and the fact that my parents let me stay with the Weasleys for Christmas holiday as well, shows how angry and disappointed they really were. I guess you can't please everyone.

I do feel bad to not be at home for Christmas but somehow this felt more homely than my house had ever felt. Sure there were a lot of problems here but everyone was so close, all my parents did was talk about their experience in Ravenclaw and how they were royal overachievers and top of their class. Not that all Ravenclaws are like that, my parents just took the house of wisdom to the next level and expected us to do so as well. It worked for John. And Jesse was doing pretty well, you can expect by now that I really wasn't. What can I say? I'm not smart, it happens. They refuse the idea of that and blame anything or anyone that's near to me. Not much happened except we visited Mr. Weasley at St. Mungo's and Hermione arrived. The twins had been very bitter and were constantly complaining because nobody would tell them anything.

On Christmas morning the twins woke me up early. Mrs. Weasley had made us all sweaters. George almost stole mine again. She started crying when she saw Percy had returned his sweater. The twins failed at comforting her so Lupin and I took over. We talked to her for a while until she pulled herself together. I hugged her tightly.

"You're a wonderful mother, Mrs. Weasley." I said. "I'm proud to call you my second mother. If Percy doesn't realise that, then he's not as smart as you thought he was." George came over to us. He kissed me and Mrs. Weasley on the cheek. Fred did as well. After we visited Mr. Weasley and hung out with Bill, George gave me his gift. It was a box full of beautiful things I loved including really weird, small figurines.

"Oh, George. Thank you so much!" I hugged him and gave him his gift. At the party, we drank an abundant amount of firewhiskey and spent the night together and didn't get caught luckily. How on earth? No idea.