You're In Ruins

Natalie and I were sitting in the common room when Fred came in. Durmstrang guys had been hanging around Natalie and me a lot lately and I guess he figured they'd be asking her. I left them alone and took Garfunkel outside. I saw Pansy hanging around a third year Gryffindor but I shrugged it off and continued walking. I saw Ron and Harry worriedly. I guess they were also looking for dates to the ball. George was with them but he didn't look worried at all.

"Hey, guys." I said sitting down with them.

"Gianna, do you reckon we'd make good dates to the Yule ball?" Harry asked.

"You don't have the moves for that." I joked. They were pretty serious. "What about you, George? Do you have a date?"

"Nah, I can't be tied down." He said and left, I frowned.

"The boy's clueless." said Ron.

"Don't tell anyone but I've turned down two guys already in hopes that he'd ask me. Fred is asking Natalie now." I said, kind of sadly.

"I don't think that was a good idea, Gianna. He might not come around." Ron said. I'm doomed, even Ron says it!

"One can only hope! Good luck finding dates. I'm available if you don't but only as last option, okay?" I said and waved while leaving. I should go try on my dress to make sure it still fits. As I walked over to the common room I noticed the entrance was open, weird. I went inside, the twins and Natalie were sitting there and the third year that was with Pansy earlier. Natalie was grinning very happily.

"Gianna, where are you going?" She asked me.

"To the dormitory. I'm going to try my dress on. Have you been here since I left?" I asked and she shook her head. She stood up and left with me waving to the twins. We entered our dormitory and we immediately saw Ziggy covered in ink. Oh no. In my bed was my beautiful white dress splattered with red ink. Natalie and I both let out a scream.

"Are you guys good?" Fred and George asked in unison. We didn't reply. What the bloody hell were we going to do? We heard footsteps and the twins stood there. They had horrified expressions.

"I thought your dress was beautiful, Gianna." Fred joked. I glared at him. "Sorry."

"This is one of your exploding inks!" I shouted. "I swear if one of you did this! I-"

"We wouldn't do this to you." George said.

"Well, you know! Whatever. I got no date and no dress either. I'm not going." I said and threw the dress on the floor. "But I do want to know who did this! So, I need the list of who bought these exploding inks." George nodded and took it out.

"Arnold Scherbatski? Isn't that that third year in the common room?" I suddenly realised. Pansy was with him. "That bitch! Pansy was using him!" I grabbed my wand and left towards the dungeons.

As I approached its entrance I said "pureblood" and it opened to me.

"Pansy Parkinson! Where is she?" I asked. Malfoy looked alarmed. A first year told me which was her room. Apparently, she had the same idea as me and was trying her dress on.

"Don't I look beautiful?" She told one of the Slytherin girls. Malfoy was behind me. I entered her dormitory.

"Parkinson! What the hell is wrong with you?! I never did anything to you!!" I shouted. Draco entered the dormitory.

"You can't be in here." He said and attempted to cast a spell.

"Expeliarmus!" I yelled and his wand came to me. "I don't care! She ruined my dress! I'd ruin hers but it's so hideous it wouldn't make a difference!" I added. "I guess she picked it out to match her face!"

But, before I could do any damage to her dress (-or her) I felt someone grab me from behind, it was George. How did he get in here?